We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

upgrade to junior swim up

Hartlepool, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
upgrade to junior swim up

hi all looking for alittle advice. we travelt EPM on the 9th august and cant wait!!!! we have booked a junior suite and now we are thinking of upgrading to a junior swim up room. So i have 2 questions i hope you all can help me with

1 are the swim up rooms worth the extra cost

2 We are being charged a lot of money for this through the travel company , will it be worth taking the risk and trying for upgrade when we get there hoping it might be cheaper or are we risking missing a chance of one of these rooms.

hope you all can help,. advise thanks in advance.

Ian

Texas
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: upgrade to junior swim up

Hi...Haven't been to EPM yet (leave Wednesday for seven nights there), but we have been to ERC five times in the past. We booked a swim up rooms at ERC all but one time mainly for the convenience to the pools and room. We also felt like house keeeping service was a little more timely on the ground floor, but you can always request a time for that to be done. We personally fee like upgrading to a swim up room is worth the extra $. In regards to your travel company, they shouldn't be charging but maybe another $25-50 USD per night for the upgrade to a swim up room. I don't know about upgrading upon arrival as there are a limited number of swim up rooms compared to regular junior suites. Probably the best option would be to email directly to the hotel and inquire about changing room class. You can contact them at playamujeres@excellence-resorts.com they usually get back to you within 12 hours. Hope this helps.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,012 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: upgrade to junior swim up

Ian

When it comes down to it I think it all depends on how use you are going to make of being in a swim up - do you want to sit outside your room most of the day or are you more beach people or people who want to get out and about around the resort?

Personally, we would never opt to have a swim up as they are ground floor and you can loose some privacy. You can get a few more bugs and they can pick up more background noise. Apart from all that the views are normally better from an upper floor room

Tulsa, OK
Level Contributor
118 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: upgrade to junior swim up

We loved our swim up suite at ERC and have booked an EC swim up at EPM. FlipFlop is right that it depends on your preference and how you're going to use the resort. I love the convenience of a swim up room, as it's easy to pop back in at any time and access your room. I'll check out the beach, but I love sitting at the pool, just outside my room and will probably spend most of my time doing just that. It's like having your own private access to the pool. I might be talked into trying a RTT some day, but for now a swim up is the only way to go for me.

USA
Level Contributor
194 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: upgrade to junior swim up

We love swim up and have one booked for November. I love to float around on a raft in the pool and DH likes to either be on a lounge chair or the outdoor bed or he'll even lay inside if it's too hot so the fact that we can both go back and forth into the room and pool so easily makes it worth it. We always request building 9 near the quiet pool because I can always get a raft and sometimes I am the only person in the pool. There is no bar at that pool, but if you tip the drink lady on the first day, she will always come check on the quiet pool and hook you up. Also, if I see her and DH is inside I will sometimes get out of the pool and ask if he wants a drink... sometimes hehe :)

portsmouth
Level Contributor
876 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: upgrade to junior swim up

just an opinion , but it seems there are no steps into the water so you have to drop in , and more to the point , haul yourself out in front of the people opposite ......i will be booking a standard room !! take a close look at the phots

Tulsa, OK
Level Contributor
118 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: upgrade to junior swim up

You are correct that there aren't steps directly in front of all of the rooms, but I actually think it works better as it gives a bit more privacy to the swim up rooms. I'm certainly not the most coordinated person in the world and I had no trouble getting out and back to my room. Also, you don't have to go far to find steps.

Hartlepool, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: upgrade to junior swim up

Thanks to everyone for taking time to respond much appreciated

8. Re: upgrade to junior swim up

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2011, 06:28