We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We're here now...EPM rocks!

Clearfield, Kentucky
Level Contributor
180 posts
1 review
Save Topic
We're here now...EPM rocks!

We came in Sunday and I'm only just now getting around to writing this. It's still as beautiful as I remembered it from last year. Happy to be in bldg 7 and were surprised to receive fresh flowers, hat, bag and polo shirt for being returning guests. Had one short rain episode yesterday and it's partly cloudy and breezy today...no mosquitos in sight at all. The buffet has been great and the people are so sweet and work so hard to make things wonderful. An example would be our experience with room service our first night here. I called in a sizeable order and the lovely lady on the phone asked if she could get me anything else. I said, "No, that seems like too much already!" and she said, "Oh no m'am...it can never be too much!" Isn't that sweet? I'll hate to see this trip end. Whatever you do when you get here, do try the homemade ice cream at the lunch buffet...I've never had better ice cream anywhere!

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
46 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: We're here now...EPM rocks!

Hello linnilou,

When I hear about things like "Oh no ma'am....it can never be too much", it makes me remember why this resort has such high ratings. I am glad that when people go they can enjoy the "small things" that make their stay in paradise a little bit better. I think that eventhough EPM may not be perfect with every single guests' who stays there, they do a FINE job with most. And that is what seperates them from so many nice resorts in Cancun. When you step onto their property, they will rise to the occasion. That is what makes them "Excellent".

Michigan
Level Contributor
97 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: We're here now...EPM rocks!

So glad you guys are having a great time! All of these "we're here" posts make it even harder for us to wait to visit in a couple of months. I hope you enjoy the rest of your vacation!!

Clearfield, Kentucky
Level Contributor
180 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: We're here now...EPM rocks!

bcandrsn...that's the fun of it, isn't it? Living vicariously through the live posts. I'm guilty of it to, lol. Weather has been cloudy, breezy and mild today, a bit cool to swim for my taste. No matter, though. I've napped out on the balcony between meals for a couple of days and it was wonderful...the rustling of the palm trees is downright hypnotic!

During lunch another guest seated beside us saw my ice cream and truffles and was excited and asked me about it. I told her not to miss it as they make it themselves and it's wonderful. Four fantastic flavors today...and not a bad one in the bunch!

Clearfield, Kentucky
Level Contributor
180 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: We're here now...EPM rocks!

Late and leisurely breakfast at Barcelona and they had surveys for us to fill out to rank how they're doing in the services they offer. I think it's great that they ask for honest feedback...it shows their commitment to the guests. Hot out already and full sun today, so some pool time is on the 'to do list'. Saw a few Iguanas on the morning walk...I love those fellas! I think we'll try the Flavor Market tonight. Didn't get to do that our first time here due to lack of time and restaurant closures.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,617 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: We're here now...EPM rocks!

Glad you are having a great time

They do those feedback forms at every one of their resorts every two weeks or so

Clearfield, Kentucky
Level Contributor
180 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: We're here now...EPM rocks!

I would like to make one suggestion for any guests here...now and future. When you move the wooden chair in your room, PLEASE...pick it up and place it down. Our two 'neighbors' on either of us side drag and scoot theirs and the sound echoes on these marble floors. It isn't much fun if you're trying to nap or sleep.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
4,858 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: We're here now...EPM rocks!

We got here around 2 pm today....no champagne when we got here but the gentleman at the front door was very busy with guests leaving and some arriving - we don't like champagne so at least they didn't waste it on us! Our room wasn't ready so we went to Toscana (buffet) for lunch. The food was great. Room was ready when we were done and we got a grea tour of the property. We are in a Non- EC RTT and in building 7. We have a beautiful ocean view!

ok....so the strangest thing happened. We were in the lazy river just floating around and we heard this HUGE crash! My husband has a restaurant and I said to him "smallwares" because it sounded like dishes crashing into the floor and breaking but A LOT of dishes! NOPE...less than a minute later as we float and look for the source of the noise, someone points out to us that about a 6-8 foot section of tiles fell off the side of a building! I believe it's building one and the mid section of the outer wall at the end of the building just all fell off. There was a lot of people working hard to clean it up and they had a ladder against the wall when we left the pool. I assume it will get fixed in the next day or two - but wow -they were lucky no one was walking there at the moment!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
4,858 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: We're here now...EPM rocks!

and they just brought chocolate covered strawberries to our room :)

new jersey
Level Contributor
713 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: We're here now...EPM rocks!

LuvRingo, glad to hear you are there! Our last 3 stays were in 7421 great room! Enjoy yourself and keep us updated! We will be there again in October.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
4,858 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: We're here now...EPM rocks!

This stretch of rooms just have a perfect view!