We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excellence Anniversary Package - review complaint - thoughts

Belleville, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,560 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Excellence Anniversary Package - review complaint - thoughts

I don't know why people complain they did not know about the need to bring thier Marrige Certificate to prove that it is thier anniversary. The reviewer actually said they booked through the Excellence website and the information was not provided.

I looked this morning for less than a minute and I have copied what I found below:

Honeymoon or Anniversary Package

Welcome letter

Basket of fresh fruits in room upon arrival

A bottle of sparkling wine

One special romantic dinner

Rose Petals in the room upon arrival

Special turn down service

Champagne breakfast in bed (once per stay; reservation must be made in advance with concierge)

15% discount on all Spa treatments

Note: The Honeymoon or Anniversary Package is complimentary with a stay at Excellence Resorts. Guest must request it at time of booking and will be required to present a copy of the wedding certificate at time of check in.

Why is it people always want to blame someone for thier own mistake.

Denver, co
Level Contributor
648 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excellence Anniversary Package - review complaint - thoughts

Agreed 100%. You'd think it would be almost a common sense thing since otherwise, everyone would say it's their special occasion.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,330 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Excellence Anniversary Package - review complaint - thoughts

Totally agree

cleveland
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Excellence Anniversary Package - review complaint - thoughts

Not to mention the review was very inaccurate in other ways! They need to go back to the city where they can find what makes them happy. If Playa doesn't, I am not sure what could?

sgk
Colorado
Level Contributor
22 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Excellence Anniversary Package - review complaint - thoughts

I saw this note a few months back on the web site so I am not sure why the reviewer did not if she booked on the site. I stayed at the Contessa in San Antonio a few years back and I remember a reviewer complaining about the lack of cribs even though it stated right on the web site that they do not provide cribs or rollaways. It's too bad the reviewer let something like this impact their vacation.

I haven't had the food at EPM yet (2 weeks), but I always laugh when people complain about Mexican food. Mexican food is not El Toritos, or some other American chain, that is the American version of Mexican food and rarely resembles real Mexican food. Of course NYC must have better Mexican food than Mexico ;)

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
4,572 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Excellence Anniversary Package - review complaint - thoughts

I think Miss V2G2 was quite fortunate that she did not receive the honeymoon package: she despised the food and there are three food options on it, fruit, special dinner and breakfast. She is pregnant so I assume she would not be interested in the Champagne or Sparkling Wine. I would really feel sad for her if a banner across the door or a few rose petals on her bed would make or break her "babymoon". Yes, a nice touch but instead of the "poor me" attitude why couldn't she just be creative and make her own anniversary special instead of blaming something so minor on the resort and ruining her trip.

Edited: 29 September 2010, 16:35
North Carolina
Level Contributor
5,216 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Excellence Anniversary Package - review complaint - thoughts

Tingy, perhaps your palate..... just like ours.... isn't quite as "worldly" as the reviewer in question.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
4,572 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Excellence Anniversary Package - review complaint - thoughts

Ha! Ha! Exactly.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
4,858 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Excellence Anniversary Package - review complaint - thoughts

Agave even breaks their menu into "mexican" and "tex-mex" - which is what we are more used to

Belleville, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,560 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Excellence Anniversary Package - review complaint - thoughts

I am glad that I am not the only one to find this so irritating. The review was actually inaccurate about factual things so I hope others will know to take the rest of what was said with a big grain of salt.

Fortuntate for us though that we know better than to let something like that spoil our holiday.

NJ
Level Contributor
99 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Excellence Anniversary Package - review complaint - thoughts

We went to EPM for our 35th anniversary, and were alerted on the web site to bring along a copy of our marriage certificate. The experience was great and we're going back in mid-December as our holiday treat to each other. I agree that the tone of the post was a view of life's glass as half empty.

Looking forward to EPM in December.

Edited: 29 September 2010, 17:48
Get answers to your questions about Playa Mujeres