We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wine choices

Columbia, South...
2 posts
Save Topic
Wine choices

I've read in one review that only house red and white wine is all inclusive and that any other choice of wine cost extra. Can anyone confirm this? What if you book Excellence Club - will that make a difference?

North Carolina
Level Contributor
5,200 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wine choices

The house wines are included at all times. (I think they are very good).

If you want to upgrade your wine choices they do offer a wine menu.

In your excellence club room you will find a small bottle of red wine on the shelf (and I must say it was very very tasty). The refridgerator hold a small bottle of white wine. Not being a white wine drinker I can't speak to that bottle. But I bet there are many out there that can!! No matter what room you book you will be offered the same house wines at lunch and dinner.

mama2four
Level Contributor
84 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wine choices

Well...I haven't yet been to EPM, will be there the end of November, so not sure what the wine choices will be. I myself am a white wine drinker and my husband and I traveled to Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun last year which was a five star resort similar to EPM. For white wines that were a part of the all-inclusive...they offered a chardonay and a sauvignon blanc. Not sure what the red wine choices were as I don't like red wine, but believe they offered a merlot and a noir??? My husband has always been a beer drinker until our trip to Secrets. We got hooked on the house sauvignon blanc and have tried to find a match to it since coming home but haven't yet found it. Not sure what the brand of the wines were but they suited our taste....granted we are most definitely not wine snobs. We drink boxed wine and the Barefoot brand....which to many would be cheap and horrible, but to us it is perfectly fine. Thinking you should be fine with the house wine choices...unless you truly "know" your wines and demand perfection when it comes to a wine presentation. I have spent many days working as a server at a steak house and have come to find that many people are wine snobs and no matter how you present a bottle or what the pricetag on the bottle is...they will still find something to be unhappy about.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,920 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wine choices

Hi

They do have a very good range of house wines at EPM totalling about 12 different ones

Waterloo, Canada
Level Contributor
256 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wine choices

As others have noted, it is only the house wines that are included--but it's not just 1 house red and 1 house white, there's a selection of both so you do still have some choices.

I don't recall anymore exactly which we had during our week last year. I do recall being pretty unimpressed by the 1 or 2 whites we tried, but enjoying most of the reds. We're moderately well educated about wine, but I don't think we're "snobs"--we often drink very affordable wines (many of which are really of quite good quality nowadays), and are open to wines from developing and unusual wine regions. On our planned return I'm sure we'll sample some of the whites again and give them a second chance!

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
918 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wine choices

Sounds better and better. I'm not a big fan of cocktails or spirits and a dry white wine is my favourite tipple, love Sauvignon Blanc, particulary the New Zealand Marlborough so hoping they have somthing similar to that on the house wine list when we get there.

I'd be interested in any more detail on the white wines available on the AI. Flip, note your comment re about 12 wines available so it would seem there will be a good choice of white, rose or red.

Andree

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,920 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wine choices

Andree

There was a good choice and you can find thee full list of what is available in the wine list they hand out as one page gives details of all the AI wines which are included - white, red, rose and champagne [not the proper stuff but still drinkable]

They do/did have some excellent Mexican wine

I am sure if you e_mail them they will send you the list

Edited: 24 October 2010, 19:38
Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,920 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wine choices

I should add the full range is only available in the evenings

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
4,563 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wine choices

House wines served at EPM...................

Vino Blanco – White wine

Monteviña, Chardonnay-Semillon, México

Canals Albariño España

Antares, Chardonay Chile

Antares, Sauvignon Chile

Alameda, Chardonay Chile

Alameda, Sauvignon Blanc Chile

Vino Rosados – Blush wine

Vista Mar Cabernet Sauvignon-Merlot Chile

Vino Tinto – Red Wine

Moteviña, Cabernet-Merlot, México

Nubiola Tempranillo España

Antares Merlot Chile

Antares Cabernet Sauvignon Chile

Alameda Cabernet Sauvignon Chile

Alameda Merlot Chile

Espumoso – Sparkling

Dubois , Mexico

Columbia, South...
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Wine choices

Wow. Thanks for all of the responses. It's good to know that there are some choices and that upgrades are available as well.

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
918 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wine choices

Yes, thanks everyone, can't believe how much choice there is. So glad we made the decision to book EPM, roll on next April.