We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

EPM Basmati Resturant update!

UK
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
EPM Basmati Resturant update!

Hello Tripadvisors!!

Now those of you who are desperate to hear about the progress of the Basmati Resturant at the hotel- I am happy to report that I have some insider news.

We have been very priviliged to be given a glimpse inside the venue, meet the Chef (Mr.Sidhha) and sample the menu today!

Trust me if you enjoy indian cusine this will become your favourite eatery at the hotel.

It is located between the Barcelona and the Toscana Resturant

The entrance is beautifully painted and leads into a small waiting area where there is a beautful silver dish with bubble pipes and two low stools/colourful indian cushions

Throughout it is decorated in rich ethnic colours of yellow/ terracotta/cream & orange with beautiful silver lanterns and terracotta drapes. The tables will have red/silver tea light holders. The silver table wear adds a real feeling of autheniticity.

The menu is extensive!

We sampled vegetarian Samosas, Sole Tikka Rampuri, Murg Malai Tikka as entrees. All were beautifully presented and tasted very good indeed and authentic.

We were then treated to Daal Basmati, Chloe Haldi Ram, Vindaloo beef, Chicken Korma, Chicken Tikka Masala, Side Sadha Chawal and cheese nan and chilli nan. We eat a LOT of indian food and found that each dish was excellent in quality, presentation and taste.

I am told by the General Manager Mr Paz that the resturant is scheduled to be open no later than Monday (though there is a possibility it may open before the weekend if the final touches can be completed in time).

If you are heading here in the next few days or are here now, I am VERY envious of you.

I have taken some photos which I have posted in the photo section (there is still some final dressing which is scheduled to be completed tonight/ tomorrow)

I will try to capture a few more photos before we leave and share these here!

Regards

Highgrade

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
918 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: EPM Basmati Resturant update!

Brilliant review Higrade. We too love Indian, definitely our favourite which we always look forward to when we return from holiday. Now we won't have to wait for our 'fix' as we can have it whilst we're away - perfect.

UK
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: EPM Basmati Resturant update!

Hi EnglandBriAnn

The chef is a very experienced Indian man.

We were delighted by the wonderful selection of dishes that he made for us

The dining area is very intimate - I think it will seat no more than 36-40 guests at a time. They are planning to serve indian teas too!

The resturant will definitely raise the Excellence bar even higher.

Regards

H x

Boston
Level Contributor
1,373 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: EPM Basmati Resturant update!

Thanks for the information. Even though DH and I are not huge fans of Indian food we still might have to check it out. You say it is located b/t Barcelona and Toscana. Which one lost space or did both of them?

UK
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: EPM Basmati Resturant update!

Hi jneil,

It looks to me like all of the space was originally the Barcelona as the stained glass screen which used to be between the Toscana and the Barcelona has become the right hand side wall of the Basmati resturant when you enter through the door.

I have posted several photos in the EPM photo section and will post a few more when I have the chance to down load them from the memory card

Kind regards

H

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,991 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: EPM Basmati Resturant update!

Thanks for the update

I have also had very good reports about the Basmati at ERC

Stowe, Vermont
Level Contributor
7,086 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: EPM Basmati Resturant update!

Interesting choice of restaurant addition. I love Indian food , but I daresay this addition is a nod to the number of UK guests @ Excellence?

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,991 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: EPM Basmati Resturant update!

Just shows they listen to customer feedback especially as people from Europe are only a small % of the overall guest

Stowe, Vermont
Level Contributor
7,086 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: EPM Basmati Resturant update!

So does that mean that a small but vocal minority asked for an Indian place?

I would think that it might signify that they are looking to expand their European or UK guest margins.

Or, they just wanted to try something different :)

denver
Level Contributor
215 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: EPM Basmati Resturant update!

Or Indian food is just plain good and a lot of Americans like it too :)

Bakersfield CA
Level Contributor
222 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: EPM Basmati Resturant update!

In agreement with pkdenver; we are really forward to trying Basmati on our next visit to EPM this summer!