We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

EMP Dress code for men

newport south wales
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
EMP Dress code for men

Please could someone advise me on the dress code for the evenings (Dinner) for my Fiance, trying to convince him that he cannot wear jeans and needs a smart shirt..i'm sure i have read it somewhere..Please help.

Many thanks

North Carolina
Level Contributor
5,225 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: EMP Dress code for men

Sorry.... I don't know if this is going to make you happy or not... BUT..... he CAN wear jeans if he desires to do so. The dress code simply says "long pants" for men in the indoor restaurants.... period. As far as a shirt is concerned, at the indoor restaurants they simply require a shirt with a collar, no tee shirts or sleeveless shirts. For better or worse, we do see some men wearing jeans to the indoor restaurants.

Jersey City, NJ
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: EMP Dress code for men

what about shoes?

can I get away with casual, brown sandals, for the indoor restaurants?

or do they need to be shoes shoes.

thanks.

- Eric

North Carolina
Level Contributor
5,225 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: EMP Dress code for men

Well... its SAYS closed toed shoes ( of any kind ).... however, to be perfectly frank we have seen men in the indoor restaurants with nice sandals..... do they allow you in all the time like that, did someone "slip" in like that, will they trun you away every time ????? Cannot answer that question. As long as you have the proper footwear in your room, the worst thing that can happen if you show up with sandals on is that they make you go and change your shoes.

Jersey City, NJ
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: EMP Dress code for men

Right. Thank you, I appreciate it.

I've been to other AI, which require shoes for me, and not once had a problem with heeled sandals, but I figured I'd ask.

I'll, for sure, have a pair of shoes with me, but obviously if I can refrain from using them, I'd prefer to do that :-)

- Eric

Clifton, Virginia
Level Contributor
41 posts
292 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: EMP Dress code for men

Kel,

Tell your BF that the EPM night attire is "dre$$2impre$$". Most/All ladies look stunning @ night; the guys are slacking it. Invest in a pair of linen or white pants, soft-soled loafers, crisp shirt. 1 pair of jeans is OK. In crowd looks sharp & hangs @ martini bar + Cafe kafe before dinner & the X lounge + Alegria after. Look @ EPM restaurant + bar web pics on line.

Waterloo, Canada
Level Contributor
256 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: EMP Dress code for men

I would tell your fiance that although jeans are allowed, he may not find them comfortable. Even in winter, it's going to be warm and fairly humid, and jeans really aren't an ideal fabric. Yes, some people wear them and I guess it doesn't bother them--but I think most people would find jeans too hot, whether or not they're too casual.

And yes, a shirt with a collar is required at the indoor restaurants, so no t-shirts there.

newport south wales
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: EMP Dress code for men

Thanlks for all of your replies, I have hidden his jeans, so trousers all the way, thanks again x

8. Re: EMP Dress code for men

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2012, 06:19