We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excellence RM

Park ridge, il
Level Contributor
194 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Excellence RM

Have they always had roof top terraces or is this new? If so, can someone describe them or have pictures. Also what buildings would they be in

Thanks

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,868 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excellence RM

Hi - the RTTs are new. They were built in the fall of 2010 and opened at the very end of 2010 or the start of 2011. They were under construction when we were there in November 2010. There are five in total and are in building 8. Other that the photo I put in my review (taken from the pool area) I have not seen many photos - I've seen that flipflop_man had some in one of his photo albums but I don't have that link. Hope this helps.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,989 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Excellence RM

travel.webshots.com/album/577719088CokrkN

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,989 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Excellence RM

Hi

Also see

http://www.facebook.com/SecretsSanctuary#!/album.php?aid=40695&id=125525794148084

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
918 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Excellence RM

Am I right in assuming that these rooms cost more than the standard non EC ones so you would have to pay for an upgrade?

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,989 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Excellence RM

All the RTT's at ERC are EC Rooms anway and are at a further upgrade

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
918 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Excellence RM

Thanks Flip, I thought that was the case. We aren't ones for spending a lot of time at our room in any case so won't be bothering with an upgrade. Would rather put the money towards another trip.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,989 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Excellence RM

Do not blame you as if you do not use the RTT is is just a very expensive ceiling

I am sure in time they will also convert some of the Non-EC rooms to have RTT's but again these will be at a premium

Edited: 28 January 2011, 12:08
wyoming
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Excellence RM

What is the difference between the rooftop rooms in building 9 ( rooms 9458) and the so called new rooftop terrece rooms in building 8. Thanks for any help with this

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,989 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Excellence RM

Hi

This post is talking about the new RTT's at Excellence Riviera Cancun

wyoming
5 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Excellence RM

Thanks for the info Flip. Should have known you would have the answer. Have stayed at ERC once, looking forward to trying it again.