We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

EPM Barcelona Restaurant

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
144 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
EPM Barcelona Restaurant

Hi we have been to EPM a few times now and going again in April. Can anybody who has been recently tell me if the Barcelona restaurant is still there or has it been replaced by the new Basmati restaurant? The Official website doesn't show the Barcelona on the resort map but it does list it? I was hoping the Basmati was an addtional restaurant not a replacement?

Edited: 05 February 2011, 17:20
Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: EPM Barcelona Restaurant

The Barcelona is still there and the Basmati is new and it is excellent

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,919 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: EPM Barcelona Restaurant

At ERC the Basmati was added in addition as the Barcelona was popular there as it is at EPC

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,919 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: EPM Barcelona Restaurant

Bondy

That is great news

How was the menu/food at the Barcelona???

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
144 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: EPM Barcelona Restaurant

Hi Bondy, have they split the old Barcelona space in half with the the other half now the Basmati? If so is the entrance to the Basmati the old side entrance to Barcelona (opposite the Martinin Bar)?

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: EPM Barcelona Restaurant

The Basmati is not that big they have taken a small portion of the Barcelona up the entrance is the other way around entrance to Barcelona is facing Martini bar and entrance to basmati is sort of where Barcelona used to be.

Flip the food is really good apparently Enrique who I know you are very good friends with as we are was telling us they have an Indiain chef who he introduced us to (sorry how rude of me cant remember his name) and he is teaching his staff to cook the food. Cannot rembember the menu but we went 4 nights out of 14 so I think that says it all. They have the main menu and also a taster menu. In my opinion it is a very welcomed additon to the resort

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
144 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: EPM Barcelona Restaurant

Can't wait to to try it. We love Indian food like most of us Brits! If it's only small how easy was it to get a table? Did you have long waits with a beeper? I assume the entrance then is the daytime entrance you go through for breakfast?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,323 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: EPM Barcelona Restaurant

so happy they opened the Indian at both epm and erc cause i'm thinking maybe erc this year. ugh but i cant break away from those patio beds!!!! damn!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,919 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: EPM Barcelona Restaurant

Bodsy

When we were there last year breakfast and lunch were served in the Toscana with the Barcelona being used for the overflow.

So you entered through the Toscana - they did this as the Toscana has more windows and is lighter as a result

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
918 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: EPM Barcelona Restaurant

We'll be there in April also and are thrilled to hear the new Indian restaurant has opened and is rated well. Bondy, was the menu very varied, anything different to what you've tried before?

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: EPM Barcelona Restaurant

The choice on the menu is not like we are used to in one of our typical Indian restaurants the choice was quite limited I new of all the dishes and the ones i tried tasted delicious.

Bodsy we where there over the xmas new year period and for the first week it was busy and we had to wait 20 mins or so no beeper they actually came to the martini bar to let us know when our table was ready. But the second week we did not have to wait. It has now for certain become my husbands favourite restaurant he loves indian food