We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live from EPM

Cornwall, Canada
Level Contributor
88 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Live from EPM

we arrived on saturday, this morning the weather is beautifull. We are in room 7155, we got upgraded toEexcellence Club. So far this seems to be a nice perk. The EC pool yesterday had fantastic service. Anything you wanted they got. The pool concierge even got an IT person to come pool side to help me with a computer problem. WE ate at the Tapas restaurant last nihgt, the food was good and the experience was great. Going to spend the day at the beach. This place is awsome.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,995 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Live from EPM

Hi

Glad you have arrived and that you are having fun

How are the pool temperatures???

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
918 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Live from EPM

Hi Darcy and Carollyn

Glad you're enjoying EPM and look forward to reading more of your live thread. We'll be there on 21 April and counting down the weeks now. When you say you got upgraded, did you mean EPM did this for you or that you paid to be upgraded? Just interested to know.

New York
Level Contributor
1,815 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Live from EPM

I am glad you are having a great time. I love the EC upgrade! I am with flip...how are the pool temps? My friends are going to be there on Saturday.

Cornwall, Canada
Level Contributor
88 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Live from EPM

the EC pool is a good temperature, refreshing after sitting in the sun and having lots of fruity drinks. We did not swim in the other pools, put my foot in and they felt similar temperature. The ocean is a litle rough and the the red flags are up, the wind is blowing quite strong, went in the water for a bit, a little chilly. The up grade was a surprise for us, maybe because it is our wedding anniversary today. We emailed ahead of time to request builing 7 on the La Amada side. Did not get that, but we are not complaining. This room is a bit low (can't see the ocean) and you can get some noise on this side. Also this side of biulding 7 you do not get morning or after noon sun. We are heading out to Chez Isabelle tonight, but of course drinks at the Martini Bar to start.

Palm City, Florida
Level Contributor
56 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Live from EPM

Great to hear you are having fun! How did you swing the upgrade? Was it free?

Boston
Level Contributor
1,373 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Live from EPM

I am a little confused b/c EC rooms at EPM are all suppose to have ocean views (that is what they advertise on their website) You state that you don't so which part of 7 are you in? Are you looking out towards the lazy river that winds around the spa or the one that winds around the grill/lobster house. Also, which pool were you at that was heated, 8 or 7? Hope you are having a wonderful time and that the weather gets better for you.

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,359 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Live from EPM

Building 7a, which faces north toward building 9a, has EC rooms above the ground floor. We stayed in room 7352 on the 4th floor (level 3) and had an ocean view. It was not as nice or close as buildings 8 or 9 but still good. If they are on the 2nd floor (level 1) in rooms 7151-7158 the view may be poor due to trees and other structures. The higher the better in this case.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,995 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Live from EPM

I too was a little confused as to which building the couple were in as I cannot think of any building that would not get sun both AM & PM

If you have a look at the interactive resort map on their revised website you can select the rooms by type and all the EC ones do face towards the ocean

excellence-resorts.com/caribbean-and-mexico-…

Some are set quite a way back so the view may be obscured by the likes of the Grill and Lobster House from the lower floor rooms in #7a

Cornwall, Canada
Level Contributor
88 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Live from EPM

Good Morning all, sorry about the confusion. Frank is right, we are facing the ocean but be on level one (directly above the swim up rooms) the view is obstructed by the beautiful palm trees. Flip, I'm not sure if you have been here in February, but with this building 7 facing directly north and the sun being so low in the sky during the winter the sun never hits our balcony.The east and west facing 7's have lots of AM and PM sun. About the pool temperature, I don't think that building 8 EC pool is heated, but the water is not that cold. Maybe the rain from last week warmed the water. Chez Isabelle was O.K., my wife had the sea bass and I had the Chateaubriand. The food was good, the service was lacking. Last year we were blown away at ERC when we ate at Chez, last night our waiter told us he usually worked at the lobster house and was not used to the menu. He was very nice but made many mistakes with our orders. That being said, we will go back again another night. We are off to do some bike riding, then work out and then we will have to decide between the pool and the beach, the stress of all these decisions is killing me:) I think we will skip breakfast, way to much food. I will try to test the water temp in other pools today.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,995 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Live from EPM

Thanks for the extra info