We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What would you do with 10 days at EPM?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,400 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
What would you do with 10 days at EPM?

We are considering extending our stay at EPM from 7 days of our 10 day trip to all 10. Right now we are doing 3 of our 10 days in Akumal to get our fill of snorkeling.

One of my hesitations for doing all 10 at EPM is that I am someone who can't sit still for too long and I'm worried that 10 days at an all-inclusive will just end up being too much for me, however I'm sure my Husband would LOVE it.

We usually take one trip into Cancun for some shopping, and also a day-trip over to Isla Mujeres. We are also thinking about maybe taking a trip to Chichen Itza since we haven't been yet.

So, for those of you who take longer trips or those of you that wish you could---what would you do with 10 days at EPM? How many days would you spend on the resort the whole time?

Playa Mujeres Trips and Tours
Scuba & Snorkeling, Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks
North Carolina
Level Contributor
5,222 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What would you do with 10 days at EPM?

Heh! When we go for that long (which we are doing in April/May) of this year we are going to split the vacation. 4 nights at LeBLance and the rest at EPM.

Then you have tons of different stuff to do.

South Jersey
Level Contributor
231 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What would you do with 10 days at EPM?

I would need to plan for a four week recuperation period.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,882 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What would you do with 10 days at EPM?

Hi - for my wife and I, a 10-day vacation is perfect and gives lots of time to enjoy the area. For us it takes a day or two to just get relaxed, stop thinking about work, the blackberry, etc. We stayed at EPM last April for 10-days did not go off the resort. Just relaxed.

When we returned last November I got the idea of splitting up a 10-day trip between two resorts so booked Secrets Capri and ERC for 5-days each. After a disaster at Secrets Capri (where we never did stay) we ended up at ERC for the whole time and just relaxed and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Have a great time!!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,400 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What would you do with 10 days at EPM?

Larlin---this IS our recuperation period. We have been without a vacation for far too long and work has caught up with us, and after the beating we took this winter (we are in Burlington, NJ, so you know what I'm talking about!)---10 days of sun, drinks and no responsibilities is just what we need!!

Dallas
Level Contributor
320 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What would you do with 10 days at EPM?

We are going back in 3 weeks. It will be our sixth time. 3 # times we stayed 10 days and the others 8 days. By the time we relax from work, lock the laptop and the blackberrys in the safe, we sit at the beach and read. Enjoy the solitude and pampering. When we need people time, we go up to the swimup bar and have a blast. We have never left EPM to go anywhere. Each time, we plan to go to Isla, but we can't make ourselves leave EPM!!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,370 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What would you do with 10 days at EPM?

i always think about going to isla and never do.. we love epm so much we never want to leave!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,559 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What would you do with 10 days at EPM?

Hi

We have stayed there for 14 nights several times and not had a problem

You could split your trip - why not try a few nights at Zoetry Bonita

NJ
Level Contributor
99 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What would you do with 10 days at EPM?

I vote for 10 days at the resort, with a side day trip if you really get itchy to move. After this winter (Pitman/Glassboro area) I would relish in the day bed on the balcony, the pool, the beach, and the decompression time.

I couldnt move my DH after we've settled in by day 2 to do anthing, let alone move to another resort, although I would like to split a 10 dayer to experience other spots. In the meantime, plan to have a great time, and you can always do what I find myself doing on our 'lovely' weather days here, come to TA and sit and view the photos that all of our new friends and us, have posted to the site.

It does help! Have a great day and fun in planning your escape!

Ginny

South Jersey
Level Contributor
231 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What would you do with 10 days at EPM?

This seems to be turning into the South Jersey forum (Burlington, Pitman). We're from the Vineland area and are extremely jealous of your ten day stay. We returned earlier this month from an eight day stay at EPM and it was, at least, two days too short. We had no desire to leave the resort. Each day we would take a long stoll North on the beach. That's as far away as we wanted to go. Enjoy your trip. I know you will.

oakville, ON
Destination Expert
for Oakville
Level Contributor
5,471 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What would you do with 10 days at EPM?

we have done 10 and 14 days at EPM.. WE take a day trip tp Isla, I scuba, we snorkel, lst trip we did the jungle tour, rented jet skis, went sailing, etc. Never got bored.