We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excellence Playa Mujeres in Cancun??

birmingham
Level Contributor
584 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Excellence Playa Mujeres in Cancun??

Is the above hotel actually in cancun as in the hustle & bustle of the main strip like all the other hotels?

I don't want to go to cancun because I feel it's too much of a party place & i'm not after that. Just want a quiet relaxing chilled out vaccation out of the bustle & bustle.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,126 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excellence Playa Mujeres in Cancun??

Hi

No thankfully it is about 25 mins taxi ride away from the main strip

The only other things in the general area are a golf course, La Amada Hotel and Residences and the Marina

If you check out my online albums you will find two for EPM which should give you a good idea of what the resort is like

community.webshots.com/user/flipflop_man

Please note that many of the room shots are not of standard rooms to please check out the labels

Lafayette, Louisiana
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Excellence Playa Mujeres in Cancun??

I like the idea that its away from all the hustle n bustle, restaurants, and shopping... I dont get the temptation to go eat and drink elsewhere and my wife doesn't go shopping TOO often. hah

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,126 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Excellence Playa Mujeres in Cancun??

Too right

The main hotel zone is just a concrete jungle

New York
Level Contributor
1,821 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Excellence Playa Mujeres in Cancun??

Like what everyone else said....no..not hotel zone! When I looked there for our first trip people said...ewwww. Cancun? But EPM is so far away from the hotel zone feel. It is all about romance and relaxation. 21 weeks until we return

NJ
Level Contributor
99 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Excellence Playa Mujeres in Cancun??

No, its away from the concrete jungle. On a clear night you can see it in the distance, that why we've chosen it in the past. Be prepared for the quiet ellegance, good service, some entertainment but mostly, at least for us, it's about enjoying the resort, meeting new folks and having an excellent time!

However, be diligent in your packing list, especially the sun block, since purchases at the resort can be pricey.

Theres a great set of packing lists at Christine Columbus that I use for resort, cruises or just vacations in general.

http://www.christinecolumbus.com/packlist.asp

If the link isnt good just google the name.

Have fun and enjoy!

Edited: 26 February 2011, 15:16
oakville, ON
Destination Expert
for Oakville
Level Contributor
5,177 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Excellence Playa Mujeres in Cancun??

Blissfully apart from the zone, which to me, is like vegas on the beach... HATE IT!!!

7. Re: Excellence Playa Mujeres in Cancun??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 07:15