We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

EPM Packing List

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Topic
EPM Packing List

A question for all you seasoned EPM-goers, as I decide what I'll be bringing on my trip next week!

Are there any must-haves, or commonly-overlooked items that you like to bring on your trip to EPM? Anything that makes your stay easier or more enjoyable?

I'm looking forward to hearing your responses!

Also - I have a nice (but obviously somewhat bulky) SLR Camera... any thoughts on whether I should bring this or just a smaller digital camera? Thank you in advance!

Denver, co
Level Contributor
648 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: EPM Packing List

I'm so jealous!!! Anyway, perform a search on "packing list" as this topic comes up now and then. People provided some really good ideas that helped us out when we went! Have a great trip.

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,359 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: EPM Packing List

We take a nightlight for the room, some bug spray, wipes or dryer sheets to use as needed. Some pain reliever, pepto pills, alka seltzer in case we over indulge.

The smaller camera might be easier to carry around but you could have better quality with the SLR.

Edited: 08 March 2011, 14:56
New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,400 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: EPM Packing List

Shout wipes! We try not to overpack so throughout a weeklong vaca so my Hub will wear some pants and shirts twice to dinner since he is only in them for a few hours...without a shout wipe, you'd better hope you don't spill!

North Carolina
Level Contributor
5,184 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: EPM Packing List

Just an FYI.... they do have laundry and dry cleaning services for just such unexpected spills.... can save some trepidation about TOO many EXTRA pieces of clothing.

South Jersey
Level Contributor
231 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: EPM Packing List

This suggestion may not appeal to everyone, but I really enjoy sitting on the beach watching the boat traffic and other activities through my binoculars. I have a 10X compact pair and always take it with me.

UK
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: EPM Packing List

Hi

We always take some little scented candles to use for those romantic evenings in the hot tub.

You will have no problem fitting your SLR camera in the safe. I always travel with my Nikon d90 plus two lenses, a small canon digital and a laptop. Managed to fit all of these in plus passports, phones etc

Have fun

H x

Boston...
Level Contributor
92 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: EPM Packing List

Plastic bags to bring home wet bathing suits!! Also, discovered Walgreens sells 3oz sunscreen so we grab a few of those and don't check luggage.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,400 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: EPM Packing List

Oh I thought of another! As I was sitting here happily making the start of our packing list, I thought of something else we brought with us last time that was invaluable----Propel/G2 Gatorade packets!

I know know the way to avoid a hangover is to make sure you alternate drinks with water, not drink too much and all of that good stuff----but that's no fun! So, last trip to ERC we decided to pack the little individual powder packets to mix in bottles of water. I admittedly can't hold my liquor and after a long day of sitting in the sun drinking far too many fun drinks and far to little water, these packets were amazing! Before bed we'd polish off a bottle of water with a packet mixed in and the next morning do the same, with a dose of advil.

I don't know if I just didn't drink enough (unlikely!) or our little hangover solution really works that well, but I felt ready to get up and out each morning without the slightest bit of headache or sour stomach at all.

St. John's, Canada
Level Contributor
1,165 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: EPM Packing List

My wife has created a packing list developed from numerous trips down south. If you would like it, just PM me your e-mail and I will send it to you. See Matt, I did specify it's my wifes list as not to get a strange response to some of the items in there. lol

LTS

Edited: 16 March 2011, 12:24
North Carolina
Level Contributor
5,184 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: EPM Packing List

Well Luvvy..... we are contemplating bringing a supply of wetnaps.... those Spicy Bungalow Wings can be a bit messy !