We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spice and Stuff

Nevada, Missouri
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Topic
Spice and Stuff

How is the sushi at Spice? I'm a sushi lover and look forward to the option of having sushi while at EPM.

Some of the other dishes that have been recommended at other restaurants include:

Grouper sandwich

Wings

Guac

Others?

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,359 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spice and Stuff

I really liked the sushi at Spice but don't get the chance to eat it often and my knowledge is limited. They actually have a seperate sushi bar that you can sit at to watch them prepare it and eat at. We sampled the appetizers with a group of others before we went to dinner at another restaurant.

They also have some available at the lunch buffet.

Here is a link to the restaurants with some sample menus to view.

excellence-resorts.com/dining/restaurants-at…

The other items you mentioned are very good as well. Do you want more suggestions of favorites?

Edited: 18 April 2011, 03:14
Brantford, Canada
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Spice and Stuff

At lunch time they set up BBQs by the beach. One day I had some mahi mahi skewers and grilled vegetables that were fantastic. Simple but delicious. The grilled lobster with chipotle chili butter at the Lobster house is great and pretty much everything that Basmati has to offer. The service at Basmati was also fantastic. Unfortunately I didn't get around to eating at Spice. So many restaurants, not enough nights. :) Next time!

Nevada, Missouri
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Spice and Stuff

Sounds great. I love simple and delicious. I usually find something I like and stick to it although I definitely want to try to get to most of the restaurants. Which ones should be at the bottom of the list?

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,359 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spice and Stuff

I would list The Flavor Market lowest on my list. The menu looked interesting but did not appeal to us. Some friends went there and said it was ok but took forever to get there food. It was very early and they were not busy either.

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
918 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Spice and Stuff

Love the idea of the bbq, especialy the mahi mahi. I've been looking at the sample menus in readiness for our trip this week. Flavour Market will be bottom of our list to try as well as Lobster because I hate it, Basmati will be the top and as we're there for 10 days, would rather go back to a restaurant we like than waste on one that doesn't appeal. Just can't wait to get there now.

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
1,575 posts
439 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Spice and Stuff

The Flavor Market was my favourite, I love Tapas and the chance to try everything without worrying whether I'd like it made it fantastic. They had mini burgers one night that we just kept ordering more of. For me Chez Isabelle and Agave were the two I enjoyed least.

Wales
Level Contributor
175 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Spice and Stuff

I love the Flavour market too - I like to be able to have a little bit of lots of tasty things! We went twice and we also did two nights at Spice as that was great too. Basmati is top of our list in 2 weeks and I want to try the Lobster House as we didn't make it there last time. We didn't try the beach BBQ either so that is on our list this time along with the chocolate cake on room service which I've heard so much about !

In terms of specifics - My hubby loved the lamb in Toscana in the evening, and we both loved prawns that were freshly cooked in front of you at the buffet lunch, the Pad Thai at Spice and the Paella at Barcelona!

Ooh - that's made me hungry !

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,359 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Spice and Stuff

That is why this resort is sooo great. It has something for most everyone. You can eat as much or little as you like. Eat at more than one restaurant each night if you desire. If you don't like an item order something else or if you do order more.

I might like the Tapas if I gave them a try. I did not try Agave until my 3rd trip there and loved the items suggested by friends who eat there each trip.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,333 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Spice and Stuff

we finally tried the flavour market last year and really enjoyed it. yeah it might have taken a little longer than other places but we had a great time hanging out and trying a bunch of things. we never did tapas before so we really liked doing something new and low-key. one night we went just for dessert because we basically wanted a tiny dessert and that is what they have! hahaha!

Spice is our least favorite just because we dont eat sushi and there arent many things we like on the menu. but we always go at least once. we may try hibachi this time. chez is good but it's almost to fancy for us...

Nevada, Missouri
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Spice and Stuff

I'm looking forward to all the wonderful food. How do you get reservations for the hibachi room? Or do you have to request it?

Also, are certain restaurants only open on certain days or are they all open every day?