We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

To be EC or not to be EC, that is the question??? (EPM)

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
143 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
To be EC or not to be EC, that is the question??? (EPM)

Hi

Just wondered how much it would be to upgrade to an EC room at the EPM on arrival. Our UK travel brochure are quoting £1500 (around $2500 US Dollars) for 14 nights. Seems a bit steep for 4 bottles of spirits and a couple designated EC area's. We've stayed at other hotels such as IB Grand and Palladium Royal suites where the premium bottles of booze are thrown in. However I will possibly always be wondering what I'm missing.!!!

Anyone with any idea of the cost of upgrade to EC on arrival.

Kind regards fellow travellers :)

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,879 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: To be EC or not to be EC, that is the question??? (EPM)

Hi - I think how much the upgrade upon arrival will depend a lot on how busy the resort is but that's an assumption on my part. One way to determine the difference (without your travel agent) is to go on the website and do a reservation search for both room types for the dates you're planning to be there. At least that way you'll know the starting point for the price difference.

The nice thing about Excellence is that ALL guests get the same great service at the bars, restaurants and around the resort whether you're EC or not. The EC lounge, pool or beach areas, and room locations are nice but absolutely not necessary to have a great time.

New England
Level Contributor
345 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: To be EC or not to be EC, that is the question??? (EPM)

We have been for two years and the Excellence club is well worth it in our opinion. Especially if you are staying for 7 days, then you get a spa treatment, dinner on the beach, and other extras for nothing. It's great. Plus we just love waltzing into the Excellence lounge and grabbing a snack and drink any time. It's definitely a good call!

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
1,719 posts
442 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: To be EC or not to be EC, that is the question??? (EPM)

Free spa treatment and dinner on the beach? Are you sure?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,400 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: To be EC or not to be EC, that is the question??? (EPM)

Ben---as far as I'm aware, those perks described above are only for those people who have an EC Anniversary or Honeymoon package. If you are there for 7+ nights in an EC room, the package is complimentary. If you are there for less than 7 nights, the charge for that package is $600 USD.

The normal benefits you receive from booking an EC room for any length of time, regardless of if its your anniversary or honeymoon are outlined below per the EPM website.

Excellence Club benefits: Private check-in & check-out / Late check-out & early check-in (subject to availability) • Concierge desk on every floor (7am to 11pm) • Private lounge (7am to 11pm) with free Internet access, smart buffets & bar service • Bvlgari toiletries • Upgraded minibar & room service menu • 2 private pools (heated in winter) and 2 independent jacuzzis (hot water) at the pool area / private beach area • Complimentary newspaper in room every day • Complimentary beach bag for use during your stay • Shoe shine service • Daily fruit in room • Fresh flowers in room upon arrival • In-room premium liquor including wine and liquor preference • Room Service Express (menu featuring a number of savory items that can be delivered almost immediately)

Edited: 16 May 2011, 21:24
Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,487 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: To be EC or not to be EC, that is the question??? (EPM)

A lot of the upgrade price is for the room location as the EC rooms although not ocean front do have the best ocean views

Give www.caribbeanwarehouse.co.uk a call about the price as that is who we always book with and they are very competitive

New York
Level Contributor
1,830 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: To be EC or not to be EC, that is the question??? (EPM)

the EC decision has been discussed alot. you should search the topic in this forum.

Personally...we enjoy the extra staff in EC areas, the bottles of alcohol in the rooms and popping into the EC lounge for a snack any time you are hungry.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
143 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: To be EC or not to be EC, that is the question??? (EPM)

Thanks folks, we have already booked our trip so would need to enquire on arrival. I'm sure we would really enjoy the EC as it sounds like our kind of thing. It also appears to sound like the 'chair game' is not as much of a problem in the EC arears. I may have to do plenty sweet talking to my other half. Roll on December - the wait is driving me nuts :))))))

Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
30 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: To be EC or not to be EC, that is the question??? (EPM)

We just booked EC RRT for December ( 3-12.dec). There were no other option for us after being in EC at EPC. Counting down days also... See you there.

Edited: 24 May 2011, 01:59
Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,487 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: To be EC or not to be EC, that is the question??? (EPM)

The staff in the EC at EPC are at the top of their game

10. Re: To be EC or not to be EC, that is the question??? (EPM)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 May 2012, 08:18
Get answers to your questions about Playa Mujeres
Recent Conversations