We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

EPM and Smoke

Midland, Canada
Level Contributor
3,468 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
EPM and Smoke

After reading a few of the Live From threads I am wondering if there is a smoking issue at this resort.

Could anyone who has been there and is a non-smoker please tell me if you were bothered at all with smoke.....I have been reading that people actually smoke cigars in the pool....is this correct?

Thanks in advance for any help in advance.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,400 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: EPM and Smoke

Hi

We have been several times and have seen people smoking cigars in the pool and some have had a ashtray with them and others have used the pool or in-pool planting tubs as ashtrays

I can honestly say though that we have never had a problem with people smoking as the vast majority have shown consideration to non-smokers

Boston
Level Contributor
3,285 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: EPM and Smoke

I can't imagine EPM is any worse than other adults only AI's in this regard.

Actually, with all of the space and seating option around so many pools, it's probably easier to avoid at EPM than many other places.

Denver, co
Level Contributor
648 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: EPM and Smoke

I'd venture to say that most of the smoking takes place at the main pool which is very easy to completely avoid if you prefer doing so.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
5,218 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: EPM and Smoke

Snakeeye.... as I sit here contemplating which brand of cigar to smoke later this morning out in the acre + of open space at the main pool at the oceans´edge with an almost constant breeze off the beach.... I must agree with you and Sir Flip that I do not find it a problem..... and as ERM10 so correctly put it...... no more and no less than at every adults only resort we have visited in the area. I must add that it was particularly not a problem laste evening in the Cafe Kafe square while watching the Curcus show and acrobats....there were indeed many sparking up one of those fragrant sticks at the square..... quite relaxing.

Snakeeye, we are all awaiting you and Scotty´s arrival on Saturday with baited breath and great anticipation.

Denver, co
Level Contributor
648 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: EPM and Smoke

And we look forward to breathing in the various aromas, Matt, including your stogies poolside!

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,565 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: EPM and Smoke

When I was there, I did notice that most of the smoking took place near the swim-up pool bar - which usually coincides with the more heavy drinkers! I enjoy a nice cigar, and never saw anyone complain about it. Definitely wasn't a 'problem' there.

Midland, Canada
Level Contributor
3,468 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: EPM and Smoke

Thank you so much for everyone's input...I was primarily looking for non-smokers input but all input is good input.

I have had a few clients come into my office this week asking the same smoke related questions about EPM based on a few live posts on Trip Advisor over the last week so I wanted to get the info right from the "horses mouth" so to speak.

I think more and more people are reading up and using TA as a research tool before they book.

I have been to many AO resorts that do not have a smoking issue and based on the info given here, I will not be recommending EPM to those who have an issue with second hand smoke.

Thanks to all of you who have taken time out of your day to respond to my post.

Boston
Level Contributor
3,285 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: EPM and Smoke

" I will not be recommending EPM to those who have an issue with second hand smoke."

Whatever.

Denver, co
Level Contributor
648 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: EPM and Smoke

ERM, did you HAVE to take the bait? :)

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
4,572 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: EPM and Smoke

Shall we talk about perfume....I can't believe people get on an airplane, elevator or restaurant wearing perfume. At least they have non-smoking resorts or hotels but how do you get away from perfume!

Get answers to your questions about Playa Mujeres