We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Only 5 more nites left at EPM...

North Carolina
Level Contributor
5,218 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Only 5 more nites left at EPM...

Great lunch at the Lobster House.... lovely vegeatble soup, I know it´s hot out but it was very good, double order of wings... spot on and quite spicy today.... the infamous grouper sandwich with tartar sauce on a kaiser roll and the avocado and goat cheese sandwich on wheat bread, both mighty tasty.... washed down with a corona lite and an iced tea no sugar..... everything was just right.... all the while sitting over the swim-up bar overseeing the gentle frolicking below..... weather is absolutely flawless, no clouds at all, fairly strong breeze. Mexican Fiesta tonight.....

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
567 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Only 5 more nites left at EPM...

Well Matt you still remain elusive to me but I wil hunt you down.

Seriously though Matt the weather has been stunning today.

The occupancy seems quite low too.

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
567 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Only 5 more nites left at EPM...

Just noticed the closing of the live thread which is a shame.

Had a lovely relaxing day by the lazy river.

Life can be a sod sometimes can't it.

Denver, co
Level Contributor
648 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Only 5 more nites left at EPM...

Love getting these zort reports, guys. Sorry to hear about the dead thread.

We're ready to roll tomorrow, bright and early! Washing down the remaining packing hours with a few rather potent G&Ts and looking most forward to meeting up with old friends (Matt&Beth) and new ones such as the Kerlies and Pudsy (if he/she/both she can locate us!). Good times, folks--I think that the anticipation may be a part of the fun of it all but MUCHO more is about to come! Cheers!

Boston
Level Contributor
1,373 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Only 5 more nites left at EPM...

Glad you are all having fun! Don't quite understand why TA stopped your last thread when all the recent posts were about EPM....maybe it was all that cigar talk from before that made them close it?

Mattbath and others, any major improvements you've noticed since your last visit?

Enjoy your last days...5 more months for us! Safe Travels.

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
65 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Only 5 more nites left at EPM...

We are headed there one week from tomorrow. I just told my husband about the grouper sandwich you mentioned...sounds like something he'd like! Hope you enjoy your last 5 nights!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,405 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Only 5 more nites left at EPM...

Seems very odd the other post was closed

Keep having fun

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
3,729 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Only 5 more nites left at EPM...

I read the Live From thread and thoroughly enjoyed it, i love hearing what people are having to eat and how they spend there day. Makes my own holiday feel a bit more closer too......

I'm not going to EPM, but omg that sandwich sounds yummy

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
567 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Only 5 more nites left at EPM...

Had dinner at the flavor market and as usual we enjoyed it.

I love the concept of small portions all with different flavours and it doesn't mean the expander pants are going to be coming out just yet.

We ordered from the cold section the Chicken Potato salad, smoked salmon and cream cheese on a small piece of bruschetta, A very small piece of tortilla with Chicken, dill and capers on and assorted cheese with an apple and cinammon marmalade.

The hot we had the Chicken with ginger broccoli and a couple of bite size burgers with blue cheese and onion relish.

We did have a small piece of apple cake for dessert too which was much of a muchness TBH.

But the burgers,chicken and ginger and the assorted cheeses in particular were very good.

We had a very early night and got up about 3;30 I know we are going to regret this later but we are just loving our time here.

One very small moan and please don't shoot me down for this because it is a minor gripe but the so called butter they have is not butter it's margarine, does anyone know if they do have proper butter?.

Oh floatie update. There are just too many. as we floated around the lazy river they were attacking us from al angles.

Edited: 10 September 2011, 11:25
oakville, ON
Destination Expert
for Oakville
Level Contributor
5,330 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Only 5 more nites left at EPM...

There is proper butter at the buffet, and for sure it was butter at chez Isabelle.

We will be heading to isla this afternoon with new friends Gary and Barbara from long island, so will be AWOL from pool this afternoon. Will catch up with everyody this evening. Look forward to meeting snake eyes!! Puds you need to come to main pool to meet everyone n

North Carolina
Level Contributor
5,218 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Only 5 more nites left at EPM...

OK pudsy.... from that foodfest at the Tapas, I guess we´ll know you from that bulge in your tummy.

Just walked back from breakfast in the burn-yer-butt sun that is shining down upon us once again, weather is simply stunning again. Last night had dinner at Toscana with the FrankIndiana´s.... all kinds of food on the table, carpaccio all around, salads, veal picatta, shrimp and chicken, linguine al pesto ( quite good ), linguine alfredo, linguine with blue cheese sauce.... then strawberry ice cream, warm apple pie with vanilla ice cream and a cannoli ( not a true cannoli like in New York, but very tasty anyway.... very enjoyable dinner.... then out to the square where they were just beginning to break down all the stuff from Mexican night, viewed the Mexican show from the square while enjoying drinks and cigars with the NYWEBDIVA, the Kerlyranoaklville´s and another nice couple from Long Island, and then enjoyed the Mexican trio playing and singing for our musical pleasure on the small bandstand...... there seems to be a bit of a pattern to be found somewhere as we had the same group at poolside in the afternoon... hmmmm.... doing eactly the same cigar puffing and imbibing of adult beverages while trying... yep only trying mind you, not to split our sides completely open from the belly laughing.

Waiting for the Snakeeye´s to get here later today...... now heading up for what I believe just may be a quick catnap..... lot of that going around down here I think.... before heading back out for more gentle hijinx at poolside.