We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions about EPM - Excellence Playa Mujeres

Helena, Montana
7 posts
Save Topic
Questions about EPM - Excellence Playa Mujeres

Planning to be there in March.

Have few questions:

- Getting Jr. Swim Out room (non EC), which building provides sun in the morning and shade in the afternoon for the swim out suite?

- What beers are available at the resort (sorry tried searching through the forum, could not find and updated beer selection). What do you get in non EC room, can the beer selection be customized?

- Thinking of getting a spa treatments for a couple, can any one recommend packages.

- Is private dinner on the beach worth it or does the dinner at the Lobster House offers similar experience?

- Any other suggestions?

Can't wait, this is truly best feeling (anticipation).

Thanks to everyone that shares their thoughts.

Edited: 12 September 2011, 17:12
Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,125 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Questions about EPM - Excellence Playa Mujeres

When in March - early or late???

Helena, Montana
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Questions about EPM - Excellence Playa Mujeres

Last week of March

Helena, Montana
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Questions about EPM - Excellence Playa Mujeres

Anyone?

Apex, North Carolina
Level Contributor
151 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Questions about EPM - Excellence Playa Mujeres

Although our experience is limited so far to ERC, in my opinion dinner on the beach is not as much about the food as it is the atmosphere. Dinner outdoors under the stars, listening to the surf...can't quite get the same thing at a restaurant, even the Lobster House because there are so many other couples around you, waiters coming and going too. If you need something at the private dinner you have a waiter discreetly standing by. It is worth it to some, not to others - it's a personal preference and dependent upon your expectations.

We had the couples massage in the spa (not on the beach) and highly recommend that, but we tried a few different treatments based on the daily special as well.

You could email the resort for your other questions - I find them to be very good about answering emails and if there's anything you prefer they go out of their way to get it for you. Also, someone may answer something on TA based on a recent experience (such as beer selection) and then things may change by the time you go.

New England
Level Contributor
345 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Questions about EPM - Excellence Playa Mujeres

Spa - we have done the vitality ritual and the humanity ritual, both very good and the treatments are all very fairly priced and always worth it. They do a great job and really take care of you. They all include the hour of marine wellnes which we just love.

Beer - they have a decent selection of mexican beers, mainly corona, victoria, and modelo. Domestic bud, bud light, etc. I like dos equis but enjoyed the victoria a lot.

Dinner on Beach - we have done it three years straight and we really enjoy it. They go above and beyond to make your night special. Saxaphone player, candles, etc. It is usually a highlight for us.

Other - take it day by day and just relax, EPM will take care of anything you need. If something is there you don't like, ask and they will fix it.

Reading, PA
Level Contributor
354 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Questions about EPM - Excellence Playa Mujeres

Spa- We did not book anything before hand. We waited and booked one of the specials. We got a couples deep tissue massage and it was good! We also got to use the water hydro therapy which was awesome too! I highly recommend going to the spa while you are there!

Beer in our mini fridge was Corona and Corona Light, there was something else domestic but it's slipping my memory at the moment.

Dinner on the beach: this was something that didn't look appealing to us. We walked over to where they do it and for the extra cost of $200 we didn't want to sit outside and get bitten by mosquito's. They were loving me! It does look like a very nice atmosphere :) I

Helena, Montana
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Questions about EPM - Excellence Playa Mujeres

Thanks for everyone's responses, few more questions...

How is the weather in the last week of March?

I see some people talking about the lazy river pool being cold.

I was also thinking about requesting building 5 swim up room (looks like it gets the sun in the morning and shade in the afternoon, as well as looking fairly private).

Please let me know your thoughts.

Edited: 16 September 2011, 16:39
Boston
Level Contributor
3,285 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Questions about EPM - Excellence Playa Mujeres

Opposite for block 5...it gets full sun in the afternoon as it faces somewhat west. Block 1 and 2 would be morning sun afternoon shade

oakville, ON
Destination Expert
for Oakville
Level Contributor
5,179 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Questions about EPM - Excellence Playa Mujeres

Weather in last week of march is usually picture perfect. Hot but not yet humid. No rain to speak of. Usually quite breezy. We lve building 7b. It faces isla mujeres so you see a beautiful sunrise and then have afternoon shade

10. Re: Questions about EPM - Excellence Playa Mujeres

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2012, 15:16