We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it sad to just stay on the resort

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
566 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Is it sad to just stay on the resort

Went to EPM last year for two whole weeks and never went off the Hotel grounds once, going again next year for two weeks and wondered if we are boring not going on any trips out or even to Cancun any thoughts or ideas please

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,375 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it sad to just stay on the resort

4 times to excellence and we never leave either. This last trip in August was 10 days, 2 days longer than we usually go for and we thought we would go somewhere. but nope! we can never get enough of EPM! We cant bring ourselves to leave even for a few hours!

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it sad to just stay on the resort

Do what makes you happy - if you are happy smooching round your hotel then that's fine. Most people like to get out and see a new country - the occasional meal plus shopping or sightseeing expedition. Personally staying on resort would drive me mad - but then not everyone is me (thank god!).

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
24,997 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it sad to just stay on the resort

I agree with Steve - it's YOUR vacation, so do what you want.

IMHO, that's the beauty of this part of the world - gorgeous all inclusive resorts where you can happily spend your entire time doing pretty much nothing PLUS tons of things to see and do outside the resort environs if you feel the inclination.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
13,888 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it sad to just stay on the resort

I agree with Steve...I know lots of people who travel to hot places and just veg and relax at their resort the whole time...if that is what you desire from your holiday, who is anyone else to look down their nose at you?

Some trips we do that too, and those are great trips...sometimes we stay non AI and get out more and are a bit more adventurous....whatever....each to their own! :)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,375 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is it sad to just stay on the resort

also it depends on the time of your you go. We like to go when it's hot. But hot isnt so good for excursions especially ruins! we went one year and it was brutal. not an ounce of shade.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
566 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is it sad to just stay on the resort

Thats what i love about TA two very different replies. Last year was our first time in Mexico and we had every intention of leaving the resort sight seeing, shopping etc but got so relaxed and just loved EPM we never moved. When we have done all inclusive in Europe in the past we have gone out on trips etc but the two are so different

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is it sad to just stay on the resort

not only sad but pitiful too.

Boston
Level Contributor
3,285 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is it sad to just stay on the resort

Once again Katz comes into a thread to let anyone that doesn't think exactly him\her is wrong...

Chicago
Level Contributor
658 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is it sad to just stay on the resort

Travel to Mexico at least a couple of times a year and hardly ever leave resort. Not pitiful!

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is it sad to just stay on the resort

an opinion was asked for and an opinion was given. read the terms and conditions ERM10, you are off base.