We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Excellence Resort is Better!!

Kelowna Canada
Level Contributor
109 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Which Excellence Resort is Better!!

Has anyone been to both Excellence in Playa Mujeres and Puerto Morales(Riviera Cancun)??

Which do you think has the best beach for walking along and best pools??

Playa Mujeres Trips and Tours
Scuba & Snorkeling, Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks
Level Contributor
4,205 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Excellence Resort is Better!!

I have been to both and the EPM is better IMHO as the ERC is older and is in need of some refurbishing and upgrades. I t is in danger of falling to a 4 star rating if they do not have an influx of money soon.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,370 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Excellence Resort is Better!!

so hard to say. they are both amazing..... loved walking on both but EPM is more remote. but ERC has a pier which is nice to go on and look at the fish.. i missed that at EPM.

the pools are almost the same but at ERC they are more connected.

UK
Level Contributor
1,095 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Excellence Resort is Better!!

Hi lovetotravel

We have been to both but way prefer EPM as :

1. it is fresher and of a more modern design which suits us.

2. It appears that there is more pool space at EPM

3. We love the day beds on the room balcony

4. The location of the inroom spa bath

5. Roof top terraces

6. The staff

Just a couple of other notes. Some guests complain about the "openness" of the bathroom area at EPM. There is an open area at the back of the bed head and a frosted glass wc door with a clear edge approx two inches Some guests do not like this layout or the glass door as it can permit light and noise ingress if the wc is used at night and possibility of compromised privacy. We have no issue with this - but you need to be aware

The dining experience is similar at both resorts however EPM has a Tapas Restaurant (which we love) ERC has a pizza restaurant instead ( which we hate)

Hope this helps

Higrade

Edited: 10 October 2011, 20:45
Rideau Lakes, Canada
Level Contributor
269 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Excellence Resort is Better!!

Hi lovetotravel1177

FlipFlopMan has been to all 3 Excellence resorts (probably will be at Excellence Oyster Bay in Jamaica before too long) and has posted one or two trip reviews where he's stayed at both ERC and EPM. His reviews are always informative and he points out similarities and differences. Have a look at his profile or do a forum search either here or in the Puerto Morelos forum and I'm sure you'll find it.

Cheers!

Chris

Rideau Lakes, Canada
Level Contributor
269 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Excellence Resort is Better!!

Sorry... that should be flipflop_man. Here's a link to the reviews section of his profile. You should see the ERC and EPM reviews from May 2010

tripadvisor.ca/members-reviews/flipflop_man

Cheers!

Chris

Belleville, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,565 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which Excellence Resort is Better!!

We have also been to both and prefer EPM.

The things that I like better about ERC are:

1. Location if you want to do alot of day trips and activities as it is farther south down the coast than EPM and therefore closer to most of the attractions.

2. I actually think the beach at ERC is a bit nicer and wider.

The things I like better about EPM are:

1. The rainshower in the bathroom

2. The daybed as mentioned above (its on your patio or balcony)

3. The Tapas restaurant the Flavour Market as mentioned above.

We have been to EPM 3 times and the staff are wonderful and many of them have been there since our very first trip.

Overall both hotels are great but if I am forced to choose a favourite it is EPM.

The look of the two resorts is very different and I like both. ERC is hacienda (sp) style with thatched rooves etc. Where EPM is all modern clean lines and lots of glass.

The quality of food and service at both is wonderful.

ERC could use some updating in the accomodations but there is certainly nothing wrong with it. We have just been spoiled by EPM.

Harrogate, United...
Level Contributor
987 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which Excellence Resort is Better!!

In short EPM, ERC is more lively

8. Re: Which Excellence Resort is Better!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 15:19