We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excel. DR 09' & EPM 11' do u get anything for repeat guest?

Huntington, New York
Level Contributor
209 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Excel. DR 09' & EPM 11' do u get anything for repeat guest?

we went to Excellence Dominical Republic back in 2008 or 2009, will we get anything for being a Excellence repeat guest when we stay this dec when we go to ExcellencePM in Cancun??

thanks in advance.

DC
Level Contributor
227 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Excel. DR 09' & EPM 11' do u get anything for repeat guest?

I'm not sure whether you get a repeat guest gift if you have stayed at more than one Excellence property, but not at the same one more than once.

I mentioned that this was our second trip to EPM and the next day, the concierge came to our room with a beach bag, polo shirt, baseball cap and a loveley note welcoming us back to the resort.

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Excel. DR 09' & EPM 11' do u get anything for repeat guest?

We got the beach bag gift as well for our second visit to EPM. It was a really nice touch.

Belleville, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,560 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Excel. DR 09' & EPM 11' do u get anything for repeat guest?

Yes as a repeat guest you typicall receive the beach bag, ball cap and polo shirt. You are a repeat guest of the chain it does not matter if it is the same resort. Just make sure that it is noted in your reservation that you are a repeat guest.

Please note that they do not have a standard policy or an official returning guest program. This is just based on past experience.

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
200 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Excel. DR 09' & EPM 11' do u get anything for repeat guest?

We stayed at EPC in May this year and are going to EPM in March next year. We are staying in the Club but are going to e-mail and ask if there is any upgrade on offer.

Belleville, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,560 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Excel. DR 09' & EPM 11' do u get anything for repeat guest?

Janet - it never huts to ask. We will be going for our 5th trip to an Excellence resort the end of next month and have previously inquired. They do not have a policy like Sandals where an upgrade is given.

Granted they have always tried to accommodate our room requests but within the same category. We were upgraded to EC once a couple of years ago and it was lovely but we did not request it.

Huntington, New York
Level Contributor
209 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Excel. DR 09' & EPM 11' do u get anything for repeat guest?

is there a specific dinner or cocktail hour that gets scheduled for repeat guests?

DC
Level Contributor
227 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Excel. DR 09' & EPM 11' do u get anything for repeat guest?

There's a manager's cocktail reception, but I don't believe that it is limited to repeat guests.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,879 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Excel. DR 09' & EPM 11' do u get anything for repeat guest?

We've stayed at EPM, then ERC and EPC. When we arrived at both ERC and EPC they had a shirt, hat and a beach bag in the room waiting for us. Other than that to my knowledge there is nothing else for repeat guests, nor did we even expect these things.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
449 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Excel. DR 09' & EPM 11' do u get anything for repeat guest?

I'm wondering it WHOM you book with determines if you get a repeat gift? How many that received gifts booked directly with Excellence? A Travel Agent? Or online? Might be itneresting to see if there is a "theme"? We have been to ERC twice, and an upcoming 2nd trip to EPM and have never recevied a gift....booked with a TA.

For the record......I'm asking for the dang gift at check in.......:o)

Belleville, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,560 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Excel. DR 09' & EPM 11' do u get anything for repeat guest?

BrAnJaEl - we booked our trip to ERC thru a travel website. We have booked all of our trips to EPM with our TA. We just have her note in the reservation that we are returning guests and then I e-mail the resort ahead of time to let them know and make our room request.

Get answers to your questions about Playa Mujeres