We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Name change...confused!

Weymouth Dorset
Level Contributor
159 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Name change...confused!

I am looking to book a honeymoon for my son for Oct 2012. I was looking at The Beloved but my agent told me this was a family hotel and suggested The Excellence instead.

However she then told me that The Excellence used to be called La Amada!

I now see that La Amada has been renamed Beloved

I am now confused. I am interested on the adults only Excellence which I was told is in Playa Mujeres.

Can anyone explain this to me and give me some advice?

I will be very grateful.

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
918 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Name change...confused!

There are two hotels adjacent, although far enough apart to not be a problem. La Amada has changed name to Beloved Excellence and the existing adult only hotel is Excellence Playa Mujeres. We had a fantastic holiday there last year and are returning next April. We have some friends that also spent their honeymoon there 2 years ago and were blown away by the resort.

You cannot go wrong by booking your honeymoon there. Good luck with your wedding and everything.

Weymouth Dorset
Level Contributor
159 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Name change...confused!

Thank for clearing that up. The honeymoon is for my son buy I am paying! If I can find a good deal I shall go for this one. Thanks again.

Level Contributor
4,205 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Name change...confused!

Beware when booking the Excellence Playa Mujeres as the hotel next door now allows its guests to come over for meals and drinks in the evening.

The Beloved hotel only has two restaurants and this is a way to ease the crowding in their restaurants do to their new AI option....this will definetly put a starin on the restaurants in the EPM.

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
1,493 posts
417 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Name change...confused!

The people from Beloved will not make any difference. At capacity it will mean there will be 1050 people on the property instead of 1000.

Weymouth Dorset
Level Contributor
159 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Name change...confused!

Something to think about. But I am not sure it will bother honeymooners!!!!

Thanks

Weymouth Dorset
Level Contributor
159 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Name change...confused!

Just a thought, Do they have mini bars in the Junior suites and can you request rooms and if so which would be the best to try and get?

Sorry to keep on.

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
1,493 posts
417 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Name change...confused!

There is mini bars in all rooms.

Midland, Canada
Level Contributor
3,468 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Name change...confused!

@benjones789:

I am going to have to respectfully disagree with your calculations. I would think that the people coming over from the Beloved Hotel will want to eat at one of the restaurants that their hotel does not offer. Restaurants like the Basmatti. This restaurant is very small, as are many of the EPM restaurants, if only 5 couples per night want to eat at the Basmatti, that will mean that 5 couples at the EPM will have to wait an extra 1-2 hours for dinner or risk not getting in at all.

I know when we were at the EPM is October, the low season, getting into the more popular restaurants at prime time were difficult. I can only imagine what it would be like during high season and now adding another hotel's guests into the mix can't be good.

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
1,493 posts
417 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Name change...confused!

Disagree with my figures if you like but I bet no one notices any difference whatsoever.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,903 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Name change...confused!

Stars

With all due respect please get your facts right

" Beware when booking the Excellence Playa Mujeres as the hotel next door now allows its guests to come over for meals and drinks in the evening"

The guests must be adults and must be staying at TBH for 7+ nights to be eligible

"The Beloved hotel only has two restaurants and this is a way to ease the crowding in their restaurants do to their new AI option"

TBH has 3 restaurants and a Sushi Bar and they have had the AI arrangement in place along with EP since the beginning of 2011

"this will definitely put a strain on the restaurants in the EPM"

No more than the normal fluctuations in occupancy at EPM