We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fitness at EPM

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Fitness at EPM

Has anyone tried any of the Fitness Classes @ EPM Bootcamps or yoga? Are they any good? Is the running trail to the right of the resort safe if you are alone??? Would like to get a morning workout in so I can not feel so guilty about the pounds of guacamole and margaritas! ;)

Waterloo, Canada
Level Contributor
1,703 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fitness at EPM

We did not try the classes but my husband did run the trail and I walked along it with him one morning. It is very quiet. I am sure it is safe but I would probably go with someone else or stick with the gym which is pretty decent for a resort.

Belleville, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,566 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fitness at EPM

I also have not taken the fitness classes but my husband has used the gym and finds it adequate. I sleep in!!

I would expect that the classes would be good. I have read that the tennis pro there is very good too.

Someone posted recently about the running trail and if it would be safe to run alone. She posted when she got back that she felt safe using it.

Hope this helps.

oakville, ON
Destination Expert
for Oakville
Level Contributor
5,592 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fitness at EPM

Running trail is very safe. Gym is very well equipped for a resort and the classes are great. Also, bike rides and guided kayak tours are fabulous

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,359 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fitness at EPM

I have done the water aerobics in the main pool. It is a fun workout and not as easy as it looks. I think the running trail seems quite safe. Here is a link to some photos of the two fitness rooms which look pretty nice.

travel.webshots.com/slideshow/579767480JwntgW

ottawa
Level Contributor
84 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fitness at EPM

I went for jogs almost every morning - then headed to the gym for some strength training after my run. I went out the front of the resort (the main gates) and headed right. I was advised by the Concierge to stick to that path, it goes along the golf course. The path runs beside the road that leads into the resort. There is very little traffic and I didn't come across another runner the entire week. I did see some workers here and there, but it was very quiet in the morning. I am sure it is very safe, but I am a bit of a sissy, so I only ran about 20 minutes - 10 minutes down the path, then turned around and came back (the whole time thinking....what would happen if....) I would have gone longer if my hubby was with me.

The gym was very adequate, but the earlier you go, the better, as it gets busy. My goal was always to be done my entire workout (run included) by 7:30am. The gym was busier after that. It is well equipped with towels, water and fruit for after your workout.

I did not do any classes - but preferred to do my own workouts and not be stuck to their schedule. The extra calorie burn was helpful....but the lasting results are still sitting on my butt 3 weeks after returning - lol. Well earned pounds.

Sacramento, CA
Level Contributor
136 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fitness at EPM

My husband and I did the kickboxing class and it was fun and a bit intense. We were there only two people in class and it was a bit intense, but fun!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
1,681 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fitness at EPM

I used the running trail 3 times during my last vacay at La Amada (now the Beloved). EPM and The Beloved share the same running trail. I always felt safe and I went alone. I used the trail in the morning. I would mostly see workers tending the grounds and it is very quiet.

You will be fine. Have a great trip!!

8. Re: Fitness at EPM

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2013, 10:20