We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

EPM arrival date change: Fees?

Charlotte, North...
11 posts
Save Topic
EPM arrival date change: Fees?

Howdy, everyone.

Long time reader, First time poster.

This is probably a dumb question. But, we just booked a stay at Excellence Playa Mujeres last night. I totally screwed up my calendar and gave the wrong arrival date. I should've told them we would arrive April 24 instead of 23...

Surely someone here has had to reschedule their vacation at an Excellence Group resort....(hopefully)

Will there be an additional charge? I'm not so worried about a discount for what is clearly my mistake, just hoping to get some good news before I reschedule the flight.

Also, wanted to say thanks to the many people that post in this forum. So many of you do an awesome job and have helped in the decision to hang-out in Playa Mujeres for a week(minus one day, apparently. ha)

Thanks in advance. I guess I'm just hoping to get an answer from someone that doesn't stand to profit from my mistakes.

Cheers.

Mentioned in this post
Excellence Playa Mujeres
Excellence Playa Mujeres
13,136 Reviews
Playa Mujeres, Mexico
Playa Mujeres
Playa Mujeres
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Chester, United...
Level Contributor
61,688 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: EPM arrival date change: Fees?

I would simply call who ever you booked through and explain your error and see what they say

Hopefully it will be zero charge

Level Contributor
4,205 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: EPM arrival date change: Fees?

If you booked directly with the resort there is no charge this far out.

I believe the charges occur less than seven days before arrival and increase three days before arrival.

I put your dates into their reservation system and came up with this for your travel dates:

Cancellation and

Modification Policy

You may cancel your reservation without a charge until Monday, April 16, 2012. Please note that we will assess a fee equivalent to two nights of your stay if you cancel between Tuesday, April 17, 2012 through Wednesday, April 18, 2012.<br/>The entire cost of your reservation will be charged to your credit card on Thursday, April 19, 2012, no refund will apply if you cancel or modify your reservation after this day.

Charlotte, North...
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: EPM arrival date change: Fees?

Thank you very much.

Level Contributor
4,205 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: EPM arrival date change: Fees?

No problems, always glad to help out.

Enjoy your vacation.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
262 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: EPM arrival date change: Fees?

My husband did the same thing last year booking a trip from England to Berlin - he booked through either Expedia or Orbitz and had to pay a $120 fee to change his flight. I hope the error doesn't cost you! (This was a fee for the flights only, nothing to do with hotels.)

Edited: 13 February 2012, 14:34
Charlotte, North...
11 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: EPM arrival date change: Fees?

Wanted to say thanks to everyone one last time.

Rescheduled with "no questions asked". Don't know what we were so worried about. Excellence Resorts was FAR more than accommodating when dealing with my error.

As far as the airlines, not so much.

Cheers.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,887 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: EPM arrival date change: Fees?

I'm glad it all worked out for you. Have a great time!

Level Contributor
4,205 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: EPM arrival date change: Fees?

@GravityTest :

I find this resort to have one of the most flexible booking criteria.

Once again, I'm always glad to help, have a great vacation.

9. Re: EPM arrival date change: Fees?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2013, 20:39