We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

EPM Questions

Nebraska
Level Contributor
94 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
EPM Questions

My husband and I plus another couple will be arriving at EPM for the first time in April. I have 3 questions.

#1. On our itinerary it says that there is a morning welcome reception the day after arrival with your time representative. What exactly does this mean? Were not interested in buying a time share.

#2. We have stayed in the hotel zone area many times over the past couple of years and never had any problems with mosquitos. There is alot of talk about mosquitos at the EPM. Are they pretty bad around the middle of April?

#3. Are the floors pretty slippery at EPM? Is it hard to wear high heels?

Thanks for answering 1 or all my questions. I am looking forward to our trip to EPM. Counting down the days. ( :

Playa Mujeres Trips and Tours
Scuba & Snorkeling, Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,882 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: EPM Questions

Hi - in our experience the initial welcome is just that - a 'welcome home' greeting, a glass of sparkling wine and a cool towel. Usually the day after arrival the tour rep arranges a meeting to introduce themselves and offer help while you're there and may point out some local off-site excursions you can buy at an extra cost. We have not experienced any time-share reps at EPM. I can't really comment on mosquitos; we were there in April two years ago, we didn't experience any significant problems although I've also read on here they can be bad at times. Yes the floors can be slippery when they are wet but my wife wore high heels; just be careful.

Have a fantastic time. It's a great resort.

Edited: 03 March 2012, 14:06
Level Contributor
4,205 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: EPM Questions

@Jenniferne1959:

The welcome brief is done by the tour company that you booked the trip with and not by the hotel itself. It is full of useful information and the tour reps use it to sell the various excursions they offer. It is not a Timeshare sell and there are no Timeshare people at the EPM.

The mozzie problem really depends on how much rain fell in the weeks leading up to your stay. There was a fair amount of rain in January and early February so the mozzies have been out. Normally, you should be fine in the month of April.

The floors are only slippery when they are wet, you should have no problems walking in heels on the dry floors.

Charlotte,NC
Level Contributor
687 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: EPM Questions

The main thing you want to meet with your tour rep is to schedule your pick up time for the return taxi to the airport. If they're not too busy when we check in we usually go ahead & do this then to get it over with. Just be sure to keep up with your paper work!

The mosquitos seem to be more of a problem here because of all the extra plantings & landscaping that you don't get in the hotel zone. These all require more watering, so there could be more water puddles around for breeding. We usually just take a spray & use it at night-especially sitting in the Kafe Cafe bar.

Heels aren't a problem -just watch where you're walking!! Have fun!

UK
Level Contributor
1,095 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: EPM Questions

Hi

I am the official mozzie magnet ! We take a citronella coil with us for use on the balcony in the evenings (together with DEET spray for us to wear on exposed skin) usually does the trick!

Regards

Higrade

South Jersey
Level Contributor
231 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: EPM Questions

We are at EPM now and mosquitoes are not a problem. As 5Stars said, there are no timeshares at this resort. We did learn a lesson regarding the slippery floors. If you leave your patio doors open for any significant period of time, the condensation builds up in your room and makes the floor very slippery. Keep the patio doors shut with the AC on, and there is no problem. Any concrete or marble walkway or floor can be slippery when wet. Watch out after morning irrigation and around the pool.

Edited: 03 March 2012, 22:06
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
143 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: EPM Questions

Hi I wore my killer heels every night as did other ladies. No problems with the floors just take care and don't get too drunk ;;)

7. Re: EPM Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 16:40