We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

EPM: Restaurants... fave and not so fave

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
84 posts
Save Topic
EPM: Restaurants... fave and not so fave

What is your favorite restaurant at EPM and WHY? What is your least fave restaurant and WHY?

Going to be there in 5 weeks for the first time! Wedding, honeymoon and FUN!

Playa Mujeres Trips and Tours
Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks, Scuba & Snorkeling
New York
Level Contributor
1,836 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: EPM: Restaurants... fave and not so fave

You will get tons of different answers. My favorite was Chez Isabell! Creme brûlée was awesome. My husband loved his duck. And the service was excellent. My least favorite was Barcelona. The food left me looking for something else to eat. Even though we could have...I just couldn't bring myself to go find something else for dinner. It was our 1st night there and we were exhausted so we went back to our room poured ourselves a drink and ate the little dessert that was left in our room

Level Contributor
4,205 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: EPM: Restaurants... fave and not so fave

My vote is for Chez Isabel and the Basmatti.

Level Contributor
175 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: EPM: Restaurants... fave and not so fave

Flavor Market is our favourite as the menu is always changing and I like the ambience. After a week or so of eating there I also like getting a good old spaghetti bolognese (with extra sauce!) at Toscana!

Least favourite is Agave - we didn't get there on our first trip and didn;t enjoy the meal on the second. May have just been a bad choice of meal though as lots of people rave about it - so I'll be giving it another go on trip 3 (2 and a half weeks and counting!)

Still have questions?Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question
Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,570 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: EPM: Restaurants... fave and not so fave

Favorite was Chez Isabelle. Least favorite was Flavour Market.

The ambience at Chez Isabelle is amazing. Great, romantic dining for a couple. Food was really good too. From appetizers to desert, was fantastic.

We have a favorite Tapas restaurant here in St. Louis that we love, and I guess maybe we were comparing The Flavour Market to that. We had to wait a long time for food, even though there were very few people there, and the ambience wasn't that great. We were thinking we may stop in here for appetizers before dining at one of the other restaurants this time.

One thing to note - every time I had a meal featuring fish, it was amazing. The chefs at all the restaurants prepare fish very well. Highlights were the sea bass @ Chez Isabelle and the Veracruz Grouper at Agave.

Bon apetit!

South Jersey
Level Contributor
231 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: EPM: Restaurants... fave and not so fave

As you can see by the answers above, it's all a matter of taste (pun intended). For example, my wife and I think Agave is the best. We've haven't tried Flavor Market but probably will on our next visit based on the (mostly) rave reviews. Try as many restaurants as you can on your visit. Each has its own strong points. Let us know what you think on your return.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
61,049 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: EPM: Restaurants... fave and not so fave

Basmati for us and favourite and we never been to the Lobster House in the evening as we do not really like Lobster

Looking forward to trying loads of them again shortly

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
606 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: EPM: Restaurants... fave and not so fave

Chez Isabell!! Loved the goat cheese salad, french onion soup, beef medallions, and cream brulee!!

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
918 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: EPM: Restaurants... fave and not so fave

We loved Chez Isabel the best especially if you want something to feel special. Also liked Basmati, Spice and the Grill. Didn't try the lobster except for a lunchtime snack.

Denver, co
Level Contributor
648 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: EPM: Restaurants... fave and not so fave

We've found things at each and every restaurant that we've enjoyed. Farmers enchiladas at Agave, bleu cheese penne at Toscana, kibbe and seafood appetizer at Barcelona, apps at Spice, the tasting menu at Basmati, and grilled lobster at the Lobster House. And the grouper sandwich at the Grill! We haven't had quite as much luck at Chez but we keep returning since it's an opportunity to get a little more dressed up and share a special evening with friends.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
4,577 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: EPM: Restaurants... fave and not so fave

I ditto Snakeeye on Chez. Don't really care for the food but it certainly makes a special evening and would return as well. I actually think the grill is my favorite. We were going to have room service one evening but decided we wanted to be in very casual attire and ate at the grill. We really enjoyed the evening and the food was good. I thought the lobster house was also good for a casual evening but it was at least a 2.5 - 3 hour dining experience.

I had way to much alcohol by the time my food was brought to the table.