We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Choice/Thomson not doing Excellence in 2013?

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
93 posts
Save Topic
First Choice/Thomson not doing Excellence in 2013?

Just started to look at booking my 2013 Summer holiday to EPM, even though we've not been yet this year (going at the end of Aug), and I've been told that First Choice/Thomson aren't selling the Excellence brand in 2013. I know Thomas Cook are, but I really don't want to fly with them.

Have the decision makers at FC/Thomson never been to Excellence....if they had, they wouldn't be dropping them now.

I thought I should share this info with you, and find out if anyone knows anything different.

Thanks

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,780 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Choice/Thomson not doing Excellence in 2013?

You still have loads of options like booking through companies such as www.caribbeanwarehouse.co.uk and they will use Thomson/First Choice as your carrier

I doubt very much if Thomson/First Choice will not feature it - it may just be that they are still awaiting prices

Did someone tell you they were not featuring it???

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,780 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First Choice/Thomson not doing Excellence in 2013?

I have just priced it on the FC website for April 2013 - looks like they have not loaded the summer 2013 prices as yet

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
93 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: First Choice/Thomson not doing Excellence in 2013?

I rang them up for a quote today when I couldn't see the hotels on the website, and the lady from FC said they weren't doing Excellence from next year. They have been the best priced over the last couple of years and I've had a quote already from an internet based agent but it's almost £1k more than last year.....early days yet though

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,780 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First Choice/Thomson not doing Excellence in 2013?

Prices for 2013 will be higher than this year as airfares certainly are

UK
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First Choice/Thomson not doing Excellence in 2013?

Oh no. What are FC playing at? Hope it is just a minor delay in pricing as Flipflop Man has suggested And not that they have dropped the vacation from the portfolio

If the latter we will have to look elsewhere to book or trips to EPM in the future - and that will not include TC!

Regards

Higrade

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
93 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: First Choice/Thomson not doing Excellence in 2013?

I did get the same info from another travel agent that FC had dropped Excellence (as well as from FC themselves) - here's hoping that they can resolve it soon, so we can book for Aug/Sep 13

romford
Level Contributor
4,446 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First Choice/Thomson not doing Excellence in 2013?

Could it be a case of that FC are renegotiating contacts with the hotel ..... hence the reason why the hotel hs been pulled from the web site?

Reason why I say that, FC have stopped selling the hotel that we stayed at in Egypt last year, but after contacting Guest Relations at the hotel, was informed that it was due to Contracts being renewed but the hotel would be back on sale with them at the end of May ........ just a thought!

Might be worth contacting direct and asking.

Regards,

Pat

Livingston, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,040 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First Choice/Thomson not doing Excellence in 2013?

I thought that both First Choice and Thomson seemed very light on Mexican resorts for next year - when I was looking for this years holiday and did a search on FC website it had 3 pages of hotels but when I looked at the weekend for next year there were only 2 pages - didn't notice which ones were missing though!!

I was devistated when they lost their contract with the Palace Resorts a few years ago :0(

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,780 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: First Choice/Thomson not doing Excellence in 2013?

I think what the likes of Thomson, FC, etc have found is that the small independents such as Caribbean Warehouse as a group sell more Excellence Groups holidays than they do

As I said before many companies have only in the last couple of months started to negotiate 2013 summer holiday contracts

Level Contributor
4,205 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: First Choice/Thomson not doing Excellence in 2013?

It's all about supply and demand.