We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inclusive white wine at EPM

Wales
Level Contributor
174 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Inclusive white wine at EPM

Currently at EPM for our third visit and the only disappointment has been the quality of the inclusive white wines. Last year we had the choice of sauvignon blanc and Chardonnay which weren't wonderful but perfectly fine to accompany a meal. This year it's Chardonnay or 'blancs des blancs' which is pretty grim in my opinion. At lunch today at The Lobster House they were out of Chardonnay and offered me another unidentifiable wine which was equally as undrinkable as the blancs des blancs. Only a small point but not good when there isn't a decent glass of wine to go with meals when you're paying 450 dollars/300 pounds per couple per night - might have to buy a bottle off the list for dinner at Chez Isabelle tonight!!!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,899 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Inclusive white wine at EPM

That is a bit disappointing as the house wine used to be quite decent

Do they still have Mexican wine???

Wales
Level Contributor
174 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Inclusive white wine at EPM

I asked where it was from and they said Spain.. I'll do some more investigating tonight' Not good to not have a nice glass of wine with dinner without paying extra :(

oakville, ON
Destination Expert
for Oakville
Level Contributor
5,122 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Inclusive white wine at EPM

I have never found any of the housewine T EPM to be drinkable. We always end up spending a small fortune on wine while there, because we do enjoy a GOOD bottle with dinner.

This is definitely one area that EPM could use to improve upon

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
918 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Inclusive white wine at EPM

Hi I agree about the house wine having just got back after a two week stay. This would be my only complaint which I will put in my review when I get round to writing it. We were offered a sauvignon blanc as they had run out of blanc de blanc at one restaurant which was a bit more palatable but the Chardonnay was awful. I do know there was one english couple there that complained about the wine as that is the only thing she would drink. They did get special attention apparently but no better free wine. Perhaps it's worth suggesting to mangement that they need to provide a better house wine, particularly to cater for people from the UK.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
84 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Inclusive white wine at EPM

Hmm.. this is dissapointing as I tend to drink quite a bit of wine.. especially at lunch and dinner. I know we plan to buy a couple bottles from the non AI list for special occasion dinners, but i like a nice glass of wine with most meals. Oh well.. I will find out in two weeks!

Cheers!

Wales
Level Contributor
174 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Inclusive white wine at EPM

Did the wine tasting session at Chez Isabelle last night and spoke to Martin the Chief Sommelier about it and he said that they were having trouble with the supplier who provides the Sauvignon Blanc which is why they currently have the blancs des blancs wine. I said that the wine choices were not good and he suggested an alternative Mexican white I could ask for in some of the restaurants... I'll see what that is like!!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,899 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Inclusive white wine at EPM

Both the Mexican red an white is very good indeed or rather we thought it was

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,558 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Inclusive white wine at EPM

Interesting as my wife and her friend (I don't like wine as much) had the same complaint (our only complaint) when we were there. We really liked the red wine, but the white was not good at all.

This resort is great at taking feedback and making appropriate changes, so hopefully they do with this as well!

9. Re: Inclusive white wine at EPM

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 03:40