We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flipflop man

Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
641 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Flipflop man

Hi! You probably don't remember me but we did an EPM trip back in 2008 when the resort first opened. We talked a lot then. Don't usually go back to resorts (so many to choose from) but EPM has been calling me again! We have a week in the beginning of Sept. when the schedule is okay. I know it is hurricane season but since it is the only time we can travel I think we'll take a chance with insurance. Last time did a RTT EC. Don't think we will do that again - didn't use it enough to justify the cost. I noticed you have done a non-EC room. Mind if I ask why? Ocean view is pretty important to us so I am a bit afraid to not go EC. Working with agent & hopefully will book very soon. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Julie

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,630 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flipflop man

Hi Julie

We have never stayed in a Non-EC room but have looked around a few

It is basically exactly the same room room as the EC equivalent. The main difference apart form the in room bar and the upgraded toiletries is the location as all the EC buildings are closer to the ocean but still not oceanfront

Building #7b which is a Non-EC building will give you an ocean view albeit set back a little

Feel free to send me a PM with any other questions but do it quick as we are off back to Mexico on Tuesday or wait until I come back in 3 weeks

Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Flipflop man

Flip, What is ypur schedule so I can follow your live threads on the various boards? Have a great trip.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,630 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flipflop man

We arrive at ERC on the 15th for 5 nights and one day when we are there we have arrange to go up to the new Paradisus La Perla and spend a day there

We then move on to SSS for 4 nights and may nip down to Zoetry to see what has changed

We then move onto TBH for 5 nights and then EPM for the final 7 nights

Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
641 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flipflop man

Have a great trip!! Will also watch the live threads.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
894 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flipflop man

Wow, all the abbreviations. I haven't a clue.....

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
1,170 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flipflop man

FFM likes to keep things on the QT, IMHO.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
5,179 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flipflop man

ERC = Excellence Riviara Cancun (sp??)

SSS = Secrets Silversands

TBH = The Beloved Hotel (next to EPM)

EPM = Excellence Playa Mujeres

Chief 58 -- No mystery in it.. And PS, FFM (Flip Flop Man) is not one to keep things on the QT, he is very honest and open and sometimes that gets him in trouble with some T/A folks... We like him that way!!

IMHO = In my humble opinion

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,630 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flipflop man

Sorry about the abbreviations

New York
Level Contributor
1,812 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flipflop man

zeebo...you will find on alot of these boards since the hotel names are so long it is easier to use the abbrivations. It is very common.

10. Re: Flipflop man

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 07:40