We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live from..........just arrived! Newbie in paradise!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
563 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Live from..........just arrived! Newbie in paradise!

We're here, And only 17.75 hours actually travelling! completely knackered! It was a really good journey though, We went via Gatwick, breakfast at Jamie Oliver's, premier seating and we had row 1 and nobody next to us which was fab! Lots of room!

We had booked a private transfer with USA transfers on the recommendations on here, they were great, met us exactly where they said and less than 10 minutes later we were on our way.

When we arrived we were met with cool cloths and champagne, a really speedy check in, and the room we had previously requested, so I'm really happy! For those that have been talking about the reception scent, it reminds me of bergamont (I'm almost sure that's what it is!) lovely!

We were given a really nice tour on route to our room, taking in the basking iguana who was as big as my cat at home!

The rooms lovely, perfect location for us, its a swim up and we're going to be spending the first few days doing nothing from the back porch! Lol!

It's just gone 5pm here, we got here about 4pm.  We've unpacked and are laying knackered on the bed, resisting the urge to sleep! Hence the posting here!! Don't think that's going to last! Lol!

Anyways, I'll post again soon.......

Ps we have four bottles of liquor in our room and are working our way through a fairly decent bottle of red, so alls right with the world!

;-)

Playa Mujeres Trips and Tours
Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks, Scuba & Snorkeling
Canada
Level Contributor
240 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Live from..........just arrived! Newbie in paradise!

Hope you have a great trip! Keep us in the loop occasionally!

New York
Level Contributor
1,836 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Live from..........just arrived! Newbie in paradise!

YEAH!! I am so happy to hear you arrived safely. I hope you get to go out to dinner after a much deserved nap! that 1st day of travel is very exhausting! What room did you get? I can't wait to hear more about your stay there!!

As you mentioned the smell...I relaxed just thinking about it!

Edited: 23 July 2012, 23:27
Hartford...
Level Contributor
409 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Live from..........just arrived! Newbie in paradise!

hi webbie! i am so excited for you! what building are you in? we will have a swim up in sep! enjoy your first evening there!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
563 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Live from..........just arrived! Newbie in paradise!

Ok, mini update.........we're in room 7003 swim up room, which is the block we wanted as its supposed to have all day sun.

We've decided to have room service tonight, we are a bit older and really tired..........however.........Darling husband, after half a bottle of red, decided to run the jacuzzi as a surprise for me, but before it finished filling, he pushed the silver button.....result, water shooting out everywhere, me trying in vain to turn it off whilst he was trying to deflect the water with a towel, i then grabbed every towel in the place and dropped them on the floor in a vain attempt to mop up, = one flooded bedroom, one embarrassed hubby, one bemused chambermaid, and one cross then hysterically laughing wife!!! We've only been here two hours and we're wrecking the joint! Lol!! And to top everything off, a couple have moved into our back porch!! Whilst all this hystericalness was going on, a couple came and sat on our porch with their drinks!!! Talk about weird! Lol! Gawd know what they though of all the noise in the bedroom!!! Lol!

Never a dull moment!

;-)

North Carolina
Level Contributor
5,224 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Live from..........just arrived! Newbie in paradise!

You are too funny!! Have a great vacation...

boston ma
Level Contributor
398 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Live from..........just arrived! Newbie in paradise!

Strangers on the back porch, nice, maybe ask them if they would like to join you for dinner too.

Austin, TX
Level Contributor
101 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Live from..........just arrived! Newbie in paradise!

Thanks for the update. We will be joining you in paradise on Wednesday.

Charlotte,NC
Level Contributor
688 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Live from..........just arrived! Newbie in paradise!

LOL!! Have fun!

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
4,577 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Live from..........just arrived! Newbie in paradise!

You should have just invited the couple in to help you mop up! LOL!! The fun and excitement is in full force. Enjoy your evening.

seattle
7 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Live from..........just arrived! Newbie in paradise!

ohhhhh, this is going to be a FUN "live from" feed! I was cracking up reading your mini update! Attitude- yup that's what it's all about, Attitude! Have a blast Webbie1234! I'm sure your live from will help me get through the next 22 days until I have a Live From Moment!