We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Epm or erc??

London, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Topic
Epm or erc??

We've already booked ERC in April but have been looking at EPM and i think we've made a mistake.

Any advice??

I'm not asking anyone to pick for us but I think I prefer the look of EPM as its newer.

We're just looking to be able to relax for two weeks so we wouldn't be to bothered about leaving the resort.

Is there alot of difference in the two??

Boston...
Level Contributor
818 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Epm or erc??

Since you are there for 2 weeks, how about staying a week at each?

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
258 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Epm or erc??

Good advice, pfrogs. Split the vacation!!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,614 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Epm or erc??

Hi

See link below to a thread on the same topic

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1229340-i12413-…

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,400 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Epm or erc??

I agree, a week at both! We have been to ERC twice and will be returning to EPM for our second visit in a month. We love both for different reasons and would consider returning to either for a third visit.

London, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Epm or erc??

Hubby to be doesn't want to.

He doesn't know yet that we might be changing.

It will be our first and last holiday without the children for a few good years so I really want to get it right.

Once I booked it I didn't look at any others for this reason and I stupidly had a peak.

I think the only thing that's puts me off EPM is the lack of privacy in the bathroom

Edited: 10 September 2012, 14:48
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
585 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Epm or erc??

I would stay with ERC, you will love it and it is more centrally located and since you will be there for two weeks - that maybe the place you want to be if you are interested in excursions or visit Playa del Carmen.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,400 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Epm or erc??

If your H-T-B doesn't want to change resorts, I'd say you should stick with ERC. You booked it because you liked it to begin with, and sometimes it's best to just pick something and stick with it or else you'll drive yourself nuts with all of the options. There are plenty of things we like better about ERC and that, coupled with the usually lower price, would definitely be incentive for us to return for a third visit.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,614 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Epm or erc??

I must say I have to agree with a couple of the other posters above. A successful married life is all making joint decisions and doing something you both want to do. Trips like the one you are planning are meant to be special so make sure you get it right for both parties

Have a great trip when it comes

London, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Epm or erc??

Thank you all so much, we're sticking with erc. We picked it as we want traditional.

We looked thru so many pics, thank you flipflop, and it's the one for us:-)

And I do like the idea of walking along beach to puerto morelos if we want.

So the count down has began, 203 till we get married and 204 until we arrive in paradise!! He thinks a complete loon For knowing how many days :-)

Thank you all for fantastic advice

Claire x

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,614 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Epm or erc??

Have a great trip Claire and soon to be husband in 203 days