We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! Flipflopman & Anyone-Ocean View (Excellence club)

new york
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Help! Flipflopman & Anyone-Ocean View (Excellence club)

I purposely called EPM a week ago and suggested highrise building 9, because i thought I read not too long ago on this forum that highrise 9 has the best views. By the way, I am in the Excellence Club and I booked the ocean front view. I want to get the best for my money. After reading a previous forum, I am confused-Should I call again and suggest building 8b for ocean front view? Anyone with suggestions, please get back to me as soon as possible.

Maybe building 8b is better also because its right by the Excellence Club?

Let me know. Greatly appreciate it!!! :) Leaving Oct 1st to the 8th

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,400 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help! Flipflopman & Anyone-Ocean View (Excellence club)

Go for 8b. Closer to the club, good views, bar and concierge hut at the pool.

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,359 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help! Flipflopman & Anyone-Ocean View (Excellence club)

I agree with annewjerz for the reasons she stated. I just stayed in 8b last week. Only cons are the elevator is busier due to 3 high rise sections. Also the main routes have the wooden bridges to cross which can be tricky for my wife in heels.

Building 9 has a nice view as well but not the sunrise view of 8b. It also is close to most restaurants/lobby making it very convenient. I think is quieter as well.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,558 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help! Flipflopman & Anyone-Ocean View (Excellence club)

Request 8369 (in 8B). It's on the highest level other than being in an RTT and you're on the corner, so you don't have as many people / carts walking past your door. Awesome view and as others said, the EC pool and Cielo bar is right below you and you're very close to the Excellence Club. Shorter walk to the EC beach from 8B other than high-rise 9 too. If you go to my reviews, look up the one from our 2010 visit to EPM -check out some of the pics of the view from 8369. Good Luck and have fun!!!

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g1229340-d64…

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,673 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help! Flipflopman & Anyone-Ocean View (Excellence club)

Another vote for #8b if you can get it

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,867 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help! Flipflopman & Anyone-Ocean View (Excellence club)

I also suggest 8b. Overlook to EC pool, the bar and the sea beyond.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
201 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help! Flipflopman & Anyone-Ocean View (Excellence club)

Which building gets more afternoon shade? It sounds like Building 9 might get some morning shade since it doesn't have sunrise views, but does it get afternoon shade too? Or is 8b better for afternoon shade?

UK
Level Contributor
47 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help! Flipflopman & Anyone-Ocean View (Excellence club)

hi, I am here now, in 8367 and can tell you that the sun is full on here in the morning, but by mid day and thereon, our balcony is in the shade. Unsure about building 9 though...

new york
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Help! Flipflopman & Anyone-Ocean View (Excellence club)

Thank you guys! I am calling now to try to get a room in building 8 b. Hopefully it will be available by the time I go and not already booked. I don't know what i was thinking with building 9 or where I read that it has amazing beach views :(.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,558 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help! Flipflopman & Anyone-Ocean View (Excellence club)

@ MsLynne - isn't it a great location / view? Have you had a chance to get up early and see the sun rise over the Isla? We got some great shots of that, and posted one on my review noted above...

@ erika - You will have a good view of the ocean in 9, as long as you get an upper floor. But definitely try to get 8B if you can - for all the reasons above.

Atlanta, Ga
Level Contributor
217 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help! Flipflopman & Anyone-Ocean View (Excellence club)

8b!!!!