We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heading to EPM today! 3 random questions.

Chanhassen...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Heading to EPM today! 3 random questions.

1. Does the resort provide decent shampoo, conditioner, and lotion, or am I better off bringing my own? I am usually picky about such things, but expect to be much more laid-back once I have had my first mango colada.

2. Any random must-pack items that we may not think of? Based on an earlier thread, we grabbed bug spray, band-aids, and a boatload of sunscreen.

3. We will be arriving rather late, probably around 8:30 after the airport transfer. By the time we settle into our room, it's likely to be 9. Will any restaurants be open?

I am SO excited! Thanks in advance for any words of wisdom from experienced travelers.

Grove City...
Level Contributor
398 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Heading to EPM today! 3 random questions.

Question one is yes it is restocked and it is more than adequate if you are non EC if you are staying EC they get a little better upgrade there.

Question 2 an aloe lotion if you get sunburn they do give you lotion in the room but aloe based is better for sunburn. Others will have more sugestions here.

Question 3 Yes restaurants will be open most until 10 Flavour Market until Midnight and there is 24 hour room service if you miss the restaurants with plane delay's.

Chanhassen...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Heading to EPM today! 3 random questions.

Fabulous! Thank you!

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,557 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Heading to EPM today! 3 random questions.

@ Minnesota - Did you book an 'Excellence Club' room? If so, you get Bvlgari toiletries and they are really nice. We've never stayed other than EC, so can't answer for the standard ones, but as BigBlew said, I've heard they are more than adequate.

I would also get some anti-itch lotion - comes in handy in case of bugbites. We loved having a candle in our room - so we always take a small one - which helps with the typical Caribbean 'musty' smell in resort rooms. Advil for headaches and hangovers, and some kind of stomach remedy (Pepto?)... other than that I think you got it covered! Oh my wife always makes sure to bring a nail file / clippers.

Plenty of restaurant options for you! You're going to have a blast!

New York
Level Contributor
1,812 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Heading to EPM today! 3 random questions.

you are probably already packed and ready to go BUT I always bring my own hair products. I am very picky. for one shower...ok I would use something besides my own..but for a week. I want my own stuff.

pack plenty of sunscreen!!!! We ran out this year (packed less since we over packed sunscreen other times) and we paid way too much for it there! Better to bring it back home then pay $35 for it from there.

Chanhassen...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Heading to EPM today! 3 random questions.

Thanks for the tips! We grabbed some calamine and Pepto and feel prepared for (nearly) anything.

We are HERE! Finishing up a late dinner at Agave and loving everything so far.

Grove City...
Level Contributor
398 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Heading to EPM today! 3 random questions.

@ MinnesotaDrea... Glad to see you made it there hopefully your flight was less eventful than ours when we went.

How did you guy's like Agave it was one of our favorites?

Chanhassen...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Heading to EPM today! 3 random questions.

We loved it. We had the mango shrimp and lobster taco appetizers, and I had the Yucatan style chicken while my husband had the flank steak. Everything was good, but the chicken was our mutual favorite. For dessert, we had churros and a coffee drink that was set on fire. The drink was amazing - unique flavor and gorgeous spectacle.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,557 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Heading to EPM today! 3 random questions.

Awesome - you guys had the flamin' Mayan cafe'! That's really cool. We had Abraham (I believe that was his name) as our waiter @ Agave and he was awesome and put on a nice show for us. Agave was our favorite when we were there in April!

Hope you guys continue to have a great time! What's on the agenda today?

Chanhassen...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Heading to EPM today! 3 random questions.

Today is going to be a great day. We had breakfast on the patio of our room (swim-up in Building 5) - loved the French toast. We are currently relaxing by the lazy river. We have yet to explore the resort, so we will have to check it out in the daylight. We went to the beach last night and saw two shooting stars, which fit nicely into the dreamlike quality of the whole experience so far.

We are thinking Lunch at Toscana, dinner at Basmati. Tomorrow is our actual anniversary, so that will be our night for Chez Isabelle, as we've heard it is the most romantic.

Grove City...
Level Contributor
398 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Heading to EPM today! 3 random questions.

We had the Habanero Mango Shrimp and they were fantastic. My wife had the snapper with a spicy soup A+++++ and I had the fillet. Agave was just kick but awesome.

A little tip here for you if you liked the chicken at Agave take my word for it and go to Basmati and get the Chicken Kabobs. They literally melt in your mouth and are just as tasty as anything we had there.

If you enjoyed the Mango shrimp at Agave also the Shrimp Fajitas are freak'n awesome at the grill for lunch.

So many options so little time!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy Your Day.

@1 We did the Mayan Coffee I don't remember who the waiter was but it was quite the show and I finally found a coffee flavored drink my wife liked.

Edited: 18 October 2012, 16:19