We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon at EPM & First AI experience with a few questions!

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
7 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon at EPM & First AI experience with a few questions!

Hey Everyone,

First off thanks to everyone who replies to this in advance, along with every other question on these forums! Your advice has already answered so many questions about EPM for us and we truly can't wait for our trip!

Just a quick background, my Fiance and I will be getting married and flying out the next day (11/03/2013) from Louisiana. We have gone on MANY cruises which we have loved and questioned if we would like an AI since we always had something to do on the cruises especially entertainment. We were originally going to book Sandals in St. Luicia but decided for the $$ and service Excellence is the way to go.

We just had a few different questions about EPM, and again any help/advice is appreciated!

1) We are looking at either EC Rooftop Terrace or EC Honeymoon Suite. The EC RTT is cheaper, so is the Honeymoon Suite worth the extra money, as we can't seem to find any pictures of the Honeymoon suite or any real difference besides the size and the pool on the RTT?

2) Are there a lot of water sports? (scuba, snorkel, jetski, etc) I see they offer some but can't find any real information on them.

3) It seems as if 8b is the more popular choice, is this about right? We love the ocean and the views, so would this building be our best bet?

4) Should we use the private transfer on EPM website or should we book through a different company?

Any other info/tips/advice about anything is appreciated. Thanks again for helping us make our Honeymoon amazing!

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
7 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon at EPM & First AI experience with a few questions!

Also, what about tipping? I know tips are already included, but it seems a pretty common practice to tip everyone. I know this is at my discretion but is this a every other drink kind of thing or what's the norm?

Grove City...
Level Contributor
398 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon at EPM & First AI experience with a few questions!

2) Are there a lot of water sports? (scuba, snorkel, jetski, etc) I see they offer some but can't find any real information on them. Yes and we took 300 American to tip much to the dismay of son Canadians uver a 10 day period.

4) Should we use the private transfer on EPM website or should we book through a different company? Yes as EPM is secluded and you don't want to stop at 10 resorts before you get to your if you do a non private so yes do the private transfer.

EC questions are better suited for those who have stayed EC and they will help you.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,679 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon at EPM & First AI experience with a few questions!

Hi

The main difference between the ECRTT and the Honeymoon Suite is size and location. The Honeymoon Suites are ground floor and do not have a RTT and as a result of them being ground floor you can lose some privacy

We have been lucky enough to have stayed in both Imperial Suites which sit on top of the Honeymoon Suites and have near enough the same interior and if you look at my photo album for those trips you will see photos of the interior

slickpic.com/album/ExcellencePlayaMujeres200…

Please note that the two Honeymoon Suites vary slightly in size with the one in #9a being small than the one in #8a

Feel free to send me a PM with any other questions

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
259 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon at EPM & First AI experience with a few questions!

In answer to your: 4) Should we use the private transfer on EPM website or should we book through a different company?

Although BigBlew has already provided an answer (I thiink he may be a little "off" today) I would like to clarify, if I may:

The transfer company that you see on the EPM website is called Season Tours and might be a little expensive The cost for the return trip is $140 (+/-) but I know that there are others that are equally as good, but far less expensive. Perhaps some one who has used one of these could provide the answer re. costs.

Grove City...
Level Contributor
398 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon at EPM & First AI experience with a few questions!

Wow just read my post I shouldn't type in the dark.

Lomas Travel,Cancun Transfers and USA Transfers are all private transfer companies and all come highly recomended. Price wise the last time I looked USA Transfers had the best prices.

Grove City...
Level Contributor
398 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon at EPM & First AI experience with a few questions!

Here is a good thread on tipping....

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1229340-i12413-k3…

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
2,991 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymoon at EPM & First AI experience with a few questions!

USA transfers, also called Entertainment Plus is an exellent, reliable service. It is owned by Brant, a Canadian, who has great service on his website - live chat etc.

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
7 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Honeymoon at EPM & First AI experience with a few questions!

Thanks everyone so far for your help! I was still curious as to if 8B is our best option for a RTT? We are looking for a little privacy, but more of a awesome view of the ocean.

Also, how has the water been in regards to color and seaweed? I read someone say the water was murky which I almost could not belive! I get there is going to be some seaweed but is there enough to not even get in the water?

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,679 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Honeymoon at EPM & First AI experience with a few questions!

#8b has much better privacy than many of the other buildings and does have a straight on view of the ocean. #9 is also private but you are more side onto the ocean with views over towards the golf course

The ocean colour and weed varies according to the season, weather and tidal flow - check out my photos

Grove City...
Level Contributor
398 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Honeymoon at EPM & First AI experience with a few questions!

Water is fine seagrass is limited and in patches we were ther in Sept. and it was great. Water color was never merky but as flip say's that is seasonal.