We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is the water freezing?

Houston
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
Is the water freezing?

My husband, myself and another couple will be arriving to EPM in 13 more days! We are so excited, we can hardly stand it. I read somewhere that they do not heat the pool water until after the first of the year sometime. We are a little concerned about the water tempature. Does anyone know if the pool or beach is warm enough to swim in? We will be there 12/1-12/7.

Thank you.

Lincoln, Nebraska
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is the water freezing?

The sea is warm, like really warm. 80 or so.

Pools shouldn't be to bad, I don't think it has even got chilly yet...

Happy travels

Worcs
Level Contributor
10 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is the water freezing?

Sorry to say but we were there until November 9th and the pools were too cold. The ocean was ok but not for a long time.

I believe the main pool and EC pool at building 8 are heated but we didn't try them.

All hot tubs are fine though!

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
12,519 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is the water freezing?

We just got back from staying on Isla and the ocean is very nice; lukewarm and refreshing. The pools however were pretty cold!

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is the water freezing?

water rarely freezes outside of a freezer in Quintana Roo

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
168 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is the water freezing?

Hi we're here now and the main pool is cold but people are taking the plunge and don't seem to mind, if you are excellence club they have put the heaters on and it's now like bath water, very nice, enjoy :)

Stowe, Vermont
Level Contributor
7,084 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is the water freezing?

Just got back from the RM yesterday but further south than EPM. The ocean is OK. The pools are ice cold.

Youngstown, Ohio
Level Contributor
153 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is the water freezing?

We just returned and they turned the heater on at main pool last week and it climbed a good bit, but was still a little cool when you first got in. After a few minutes it was fine. The ocean is warm even in december when we have gone.

Chatham, Canada
Level Contributor
2,489 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is the water freezing?

Hang around by the swimup bar, water should be warmer there. :)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
453 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Is the water freezing?

Ewwww!!!

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,558 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is the water freezing?

I swear Katzgar, do you ever post anything even remotely nice? I'm picturing one of the Seven Dwarfs, and you know which one I'm talking about.

It's sunny most every day, and the temperature is still fairly warm, so curious why the pools are cooling off so much? Just lack of enough sunlight during the day since it gets dark earlier??