We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Deputy Marshall at EPM

UK
Level Contributor
471 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Deputy Marshall at EPM

We spent two weeks at EPM in May this year and had such a fantastic time, we decided to come back for another 2 weeks on the run up to Christmas and celebrate the big 50. I concur with Grinnalise, just when you think you have experienced the best that the wonderful Virginia Amador GM and team can give, they excel even further. Amazing attention to detail and keen to improve the Excellence brand still further.Very impressed. Arrived yesterday to great weather but a confused chaotic scene at Cancun airport which was the first time in nine trips.I guess there must have been a few flights landing all at once. Unpacked and straight out after drinks last night to the Agave where we had a selection of starters and main courses to share, to experience more dishes and some tamarind marguaritas with a chile kick! All washed down by a great bottle of red called Jardin Secreto(secret garden) recommended by Martin the somellier, which is Mexicos equivillant of a Spanish Rioja. Trying the roof top terrace this time round in building 8 with a sea view. Very impressed with a great terrace and plenty of space with a wonderful sea view. We tried the matteress topper last night which I highly recommend its like sleeping on a cloud! Off to Chez Izzabelle after a nice bottle of red.Catch up with you soon Grinnalise to get some diving tips from you.

Harrogate, United...
Level Contributor
980 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Deputy Marshall at EPM

We are in chez tonight. Enjoy.

Grove City...
Level Contributor
398 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Deputy Marshall at EPM

Have a great stay Deputy and looking forward to your live posts....Man I really dug Agave.

3. Re: Deputy Marshall at EPM

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 08 December 2012, 12:35
Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,672 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Deputy Marshall at EPM

Well I do not know what the zapped post was about but there seems to be a few of them just now for some reason

Glad you are having fun Deputy - EPM is very difficult if not impossible to beat and Virginia and her team are just the best

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,865 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Deputy Marshall at EPM

Have fun & happy 50th !!

UK
Level Contributor
471 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Deputy Marshall at EPM

Thanks FFM and NoSnow not sure why either. Another beautiful day mainly sunny with a little cloud. Expected temp around 82F. Seems set like this for the next 7 days or more. Just come back from a place called The Gym! Not a place I am acustomed to, but need to burn off these Excellence calories somehow! Last night had a great meal in Chez Isabelle. We all had the Sea bass was delicious. Nice to see Pedro is the recently appointed manager. Such a nice gentleman.No time for a show after the meal as jet lag still present. Going to miss the beach today and try out the RTT. Hasta luego.

UK
Level Contributor
471 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Deputy Marshall at EPM

A beautiful day today with hardly a cloud in the sky very warm as well. Chilled out on the RTT and had a fantastic philli steak cheese onion sandwich at the Grill. Going to visit the Basmati tonight to check out the menu and if the new indian chef has improved anything. Mozis seem few which is a relief. The place looks great with all the Xmas decorations in the lobby and stair areas. A couple of weddings taking palce late this afternoon at both EPM and Beloved.

NJ
Level Contributor
1,148 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Deputy Marshall at EPM

When did Basmati get a new chef?

Level Contributor
892 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Deputy Marshall at EPM

Deputy,sounds wonderful! I'd love to see the Christmas decorations, if you can, post a pic!

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
397 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Deputy Marshall at EPM

Deputy

We were there in June and the chef was changed then. The food was fantastic with the new chef. Do you know if the chef currently in place is the same one that was there last June? Or has he changed recently?

We will be there in 11 days and the Basmati is our favourite restaurant.

ps ask for the tandori prawns - they are delicious

Edited: 09 December 2012, 10:44