We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel Agent for honeymoon trip

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
Travel Agent for honeymoon trip

Hello all!

Does anyone have a good travel agent that they can recommend for a honeymoon trip to EPM? My sister is getting married in July and she is thinking about going to EPM because of how much I've raved about it from my own honeymoon experience there in Sept. The travel agent that I used didn't impress me at all. She was very unresponsive & not very helpful. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
24,042 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel Agent for honeymoon trip

Ever since my travel agent went on permanent maternity leave years ago, I've been organizing and booking my own travel. In my experience, the vast majority of travel agents are a waste of space anyway - I know more about the destination and how to get there than they do! (That said, if you find a good TA, they are worth their weight in gold!).

Why not just have your sister read the reviews of EPM on here and make up her own mind. If she still wants to go, she can book through Expedia, Apple or any number of other "virtual" agents. I can't recommend one over another; I just go with the cheapest.

Grove City...
Level Contributor
398 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel Agent for honeymoon trip

@ cmford

I have a really good one with great prices check your private messages.

Edited: 10 December 2012, 22:37
Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
Level Contributor
5,444 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel Agent for honeymoon trip

I also know a great travel agent. She posts on these forums as IrieLady and she was just in Mexico a couple of weeks ago to receive an award. Extremely knowledgeable, easy to work with and I am sure she would provide you with the honeymoon you wish for. I sent you a private message with her contact information.

Grove City...
Level Contributor
398 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel Agent for honeymoon trip

@ Llisa I used to think they were a waste of time and organized my own as well through online sites and wherever I could or thought I could get a deal I bought into the myth that online sites were alway's the place to go for the best price and in some cases thats true and then I met may agent and she saved me some major cash on my next EPM visit she was very honest and told me to book my own private transfer and she couldn't do any better for me than icould do on my own on airfare that airfare is what is is. So they are not all a waste of time.

baltimore
Level Contributor
3,183 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel Agent for honeymoon trip

I LOVE Tami in Texas. She gets great reviews and she travels to the area often so she is familar with the area. Her website is Trip Surfer Vacations. She posts on here sometimes also.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
24,042 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel Agent for honeymoon trip

@BigBlew - As I said in my previous post, if you find a good travel agent, they are worth their weight in gold .... and then some.

After mine decided to stay home and be a Mom, I tried various other agents and without exception they were absolutely awful. Perhaps my statement that "the vast majority of travel agents are a waste of space" is a tad unkind and maybe not quite true in the general scheme of things but that sure was my experience.

I'm happy for you that you've found someone good - it sounds like you appreciate what you have. And it's especially nice when they're honest enough to tell you when you should go it alone.

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
1,208 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel Agent for honeymoon trip

I have a great TA here in WI, been doing business with her for over a decade....she's never let me down. PM me if you are interested and want more info.

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
1,182 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel Agent for honeymoon trip

I PMd you about Tami at TripSurfers (tripsurfervacations.com). She is great!

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,359 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travel Agent for honeymoon trip

I can recommend Tami Pruitt as well. She can match and beat any price like many agents may also do. The service I have received from her is over the top of others I have tried any day or time I contact her.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Travel Agent for honeymoon trip

Thank you so much everyone! I will defintely look into the agents you all PM'd me. I love having a travel agent book instead of booking myself only because if anything goes wrong you have an actual person you can contact instead of a 1800 # / company. I usually find my own travel on expedia, apple, or cheapcarribean & then tell them what to book so that they will match the price I found. But the last 2 agents I've used were horrible.

Thanks so much for all the suggestions- greatly appreciated! I will probably end up booking my next trip with whoever she decides to go with too!

Get answers to your questions about Playa Mujeres