We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recirculating open room liquor bottles

Level Contributor
391 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
Recirculating open room liquor bottles

I have seen a few posts about this issue, does anyone know for sure what happens to the open bottles from the rooms? Maybe guest should pour them out before leaving. Makes me wonder what if someone chugged out of the bottle...or worse. Then it's put into circulation at bars? Has anyone actually asked the hotel about the practice if this?

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,672 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
71. Re: Recirculating open room liquor bottles

gidgetp

Totally agree

Detroit
Level Contributor
323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
72. Re: Recirculating open room liquor bottles

When I was in Dominican At palace resort they guy came to replenish everyday , I asked him to leave. Extra bottle of absolute and never used it and just needed up bringing it home with me lol

Waterloo, Canada
Level Contributor
1,703 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
73. Re: Recirculating open room liquor bottles

So basically you stole the bottle out of the room. How is this different then taking a bath robe or towels home? All of these items are for use at the resort and when you take them home you end up costing the resort money and ultimately the rest of us as consumers.

Toronto
Level Contributor
19 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
74. Re: Recirculating open room liquor bottles

I'm currently here at EPM staying in an EC junior suite. I asked the mini bar attendant what happens to any opened liquor bottles after we leave and he said they are returned to the bar to be used. Which bar, I'm not sure.

Also just wanted to mention that the bottles in our room were new and sealed, no liquor dispenser as some have mentioned. Perhaps those are in a different class of room. Not to worry though, I promise I won't be chugging directly from my bottles ;)

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,066 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
75. Re: Recirculating open room liquor bottles

It is gross to think that liquor bottles that are used are taken anywhere else to be used, but a decision based on economics I am sure. I think that when people drink a lot, as happens at AI resorts, they are not adverse to taking a swig from a bottle.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
7,539 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
76. Re: Recirculating open room liquor bottles

caviargal - Agree, there are all kinds of people in this world and some are not up on hygenic practices. Maybe they should rethink how they dispense the liquor in the rooms. Mini bottles or a locked bar cabinet that dispenses the liquor as I've seen in other resorts.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,066 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
77. Re: Recirculating open room liquor bottles

<Mini bottles or a locked bar cabinet that dispenses the liquor as I've seen in other resorts.>

Definitely a more sanitary approach and I suspect less wasteful as well.

America, The...
Level Contributor
7,492 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
78. Re: Recirculating open room liquor bottles

I have never used the large liquor bottles in my rooms unless sealed for the very reasons you mention.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
107 posts
1 review
Save Reply
79. Re: Recirculating open room liquor bottles

<I have never used the large liquor bottles in my rooms unless sealed for the very reasons you mention>

I wouldn't either, but the issue seems to be the re-use of previously opened room bottles elsewhere in the resort, not checking in and finding opened bottles in the room. You couldn't just avoid the "standard" bottles either, since EC guests can exchange to a different bottle. Thus, it seems there's no way to avoid the problem for sure unless you only drink beer and wine.

America, The...
Level Contributor
7,492 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
80. Re: Recirculating open room liquor bottles

<I wouldn't either, but the issue seems to be the re-use of previously opened room bottles elsewhere in the resort, not checking in and finding opened bottles in the room. You couldn't just avoid the "standard" bottles either, since EC guests can exchange to a different bottle. Thus, it seems there's no way to avoid the problem for sure unless you only drink beer and wine.>

Hey, Terps fan :-). Fear the Turtle! I didn't realize that was the issue. That seems very unhygienic to me indeed. Do you mean they are taking open liquor bottles from guests rooms and then using them behind the bars at EPM?