We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

EPM - Club Jr. Swim Out Suite - Questions ?

Daydream Island...
Level Contributor
4,411 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
EPM - Club Jr. Swim Out Suite - Questions ?

I have just changed our reservations to the Excellence Playa Mujeres and reserved a Club Swim Up/Out Suite.

The travel agent tells me that the property is at capacity for the week of December 22-29. The agent tells me she will request a particular room and early check in if we have particular's in mind.

Is this standard procedure for this property ?

We have not been there before. We are wanting something quiet or less frantic without children, college kids, blaring music or pool games or party fueled (inebriated) on our door step and balcony/terrace.

Is there a particular room we want or should we be overly concerned if we have no knowledge of the rooms in that section ?

Are the beach lounges and/or umbrellas reserved for each room or will this be a daily recon for seating ?

CUN Inbound airport question ? For the week mentioned, will carryon baggage help to get thru customs any quicker or will it matter ?

What private transfer works best for EPM ?

Daydream Island...
Level Contributor
4,411 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: EPM - Club Jr. Swim Out Suite - Questions ?

Coffee question ?

Is the in room coffee service with "brewed" coffee or hot water and instant ?

yes...may be silly, but to us this matters as we need our coffee first thing.

Thanks for any answers.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,879 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: EPM - Club Jr. Swim Out Suite - Questions ?

Hi - I can answer a couple of questions; the beach lounges are first come - first served so you'll have to find a spot daily. The coffee is ground coffee and a coffee maker with bottled water supplied. As a suggestion though, you can call room service the night before and order anything on the room service menu for delivery at a specific time for the next morning and they'll deliver at the requested time. That of course assumes you know you'll wake up at a specific time :)

Daydream Island...
Level Contributor
4,411 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: EPM - Club Jr. Swim Out Suite - Questions ?

Thanks NoSnow !

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
315 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: EPM - Club Jr. Swim Out Suite - Questions ?

Since you'll be in EC - the Lounge opens around 7:00 am. They have a fabulous coffee machine -- lattes, espressos, regular coffees, each one brewed especially for you. My husband used to go down each morning and get a couple of cups and brought them back to the room. I'm an espresso drinker -- it's fab!!

We usually travel with carry-ons only. It helps a BIT; you get to (not through) the customs line quicker, naturally; and through to the pick-up zone, etc.

Edited: 18 December 2012, 18:12
Daydream Island...
Level Contributor
4,411 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: EPM - Club Jr. Swim Out Suite - Questions ?

That is great news.

I will be also the waiter for the missus. She does love the expresso and latte.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,327 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: EPM - Club Jr. Swim Out Suite - Questions ?

Hi

Personally, I would not have moved to a swim up room as not all the EC pools are heated. The pool at #8b is as is part of the main pool but I am pretty sure that #8a & #7a are not. Not sure about #9 & #9a but#9a lacks privacy anyway

Just a pity your TA did not make you awaare of this

I would not be worried about children as it is an AO resort and is not the place college kids would go to

Please remember that all such requests are just that and at maximum occupancy they will not be able to keep everyone happy

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
315 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: EPM - Club Jr. Swim Out Suite - Questions ?

Looks like you want away from the hustle and bustle -- strongly recommend rooms in Building 8B. Try for 8069 -- swim out, corner suite. Just fab !!

Daydream Island...
Level Contributor
4,411 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: EPM - Club Jr. Swim Out Suite - Questions ?

Thanks All.

The doc's just came and the TA has taken the room request and will forward and we'll go from there. TA agreed with the 8B building and room choice.

TA did mention that bldg 9 was not the most desirable, but booking at this late date....who knows. We'll roll with the flow.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
315 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: EPM - Club Jr. Swim Out Suite - Questions ?

If you do wind up in Building 9, and find out that the pool is not heated (as flipflop_man eluded) remember that as an EC guest, you can avail yourselves with the heated pool at Building 8B. And if you're lucky enough to be granted your request, any swim out room will be wonderful.

Daydream Island...
Level Contributor
4,411 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: EPM - Club Jr. Swim Out Suite - Questions ?

Thanks Ottawa & Flip Flop

Get answers to your questions about Playa Mujeres