We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ladies, you'll get it :)

Easthampton...
Level Contributor
34 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Ladies, you'll get it :)

So we are leaving for the EPM in 4 days and roughly 13 hours..but come on, who's counting?

I am the ultimate packer and yes my DH thinks I am a little crazy with the amount of stuff I need to bring. But hey you never know when that 8th pair of flip flops may come in handy or coordinate with that days attire..lol. . And omg..dressing up for dinner, that's where I add the pounds to my luggage..lol. Hey, the way I look at it.. I am a full time stay at home Mommy leaving behind a 2 and 4 year old for this vacation of bliss and its not to often we get to get out,... nevermind get dressed up!! Have to be prepared..lol :) Yes, again, my DH thinks I'm crazy :)

Anyone else a heavy packer?? And don't worry..I have remembered all the essentials such as bug spray and sunscreen :)

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
316 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ladies, you'll get it :)

We both only have carry-ons -- one per.

The other 2 or 3 pieces are packed with gently used clothing that we purchase here at a children's 2nd hand store and drop off at Cancun's orphanage, located in Colonia Alfredo Bonfil.

Edited: 15 January 2013, 00:04
Easthampton...
Level Contributor
34 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ladies, you'll get it :)

That is awesome, its so great to give to those who are less unfortunate as we are!!

Last year on our Domincan Republic trip we took a cab ride to their dominican Walmart and purchased tons and tons of school supplies for the children, that we later dropped off at a local school in Bavaro. Seeing those kids light up when they saw us..just did it for me. Looking to do something like that again..any suggestions?

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
316 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ladies, you'll get it :)

cancunchristianfellowship.com/index.html

Currently they are in need of children's clothing, colouring books and Spanish games. You could do the same (Walmart) in Cancun and drop the articles off when you're there.

Easthampton...
Level Contributor
34 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ladies, you'll get it :)

Thanks so much for the info!! :)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
453 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Ladies, you'll get it :)

I'm a light packer. Experience has shown that I was only wearing half of what I used to bring so now I pack strategically. Even if I owned 8 pairs of flip flops, I wouldn't bring them... RELAX, you're on vacation.

Grand Junction...
Level Contributor
2,299 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ladies, you'll get it :)

What a great humanitarian thing to do. We will have to find a way to contribute also :)

We always only take carry on, which can be challenging at times. However, we never stay a full week- only four or five days because the work-aholic husband can't pull himself away from the job longer than that.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
5,218 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ladies, you'll get it :)

We take 2 X-LG suitcases, 2 carry on's and I carry a Vera Bradley X-LG tote. And I could always take more if my Hubby would allow it -- but he won't... He has actually asked me to take 1 pair of black shoes for dinner. He claims they go with "every" outfit.... Really?? Did he really say that????

Illinois
Level Contributor
472 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ladies, you'll get it :)

I'm a light packer for Mexico. My husband and i each take 1 carry on and i have a tote bag as my "personal item.". I do dress up for dinner but everything goes with 1 pair of dressy sandals. I wear some dresses twice and mix different tops with 1 skirt. And i don't bring accessories. I spend most of the day in swimwear, so I don't have a new outfit for every day.

HOWEVER, if we went on excursions, or worked out , I would need another bag! Those size 10 running shoes take up a lot of room!

Level Contributor
403 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ladies, you'll get it :)

I leave in a month and also worry about too much luggage. I am not worried about all the suits but now thinking I need to bring rafts, bug spray, dress clothes, aloe, sunscreen, shoes, jewelry,pepto, aleve, a sting relief pen,hats, fabreeze, bounce,shout wipes, wet ones in individual packs, and everything else I see listed on the boards. Haha My darling husband is totally going to give me grief when he sees all the luggage I pack. Bad part is ill have to pay per piece on the airline. So hoping I can just stay strong and keep it minimal.... A girl can dream:)

Edited: 15 January 2013, 00:26
Lenexa, KS
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Ladies, you'll get it :)

8 days but whose counting. :)

And yes, I'm a heavy packer. You just never know what you are going to need. We have a direct flight so I'm hoping that lost luggage won't be an issue.