We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

whoo hooo 14 days to go! favorite meal?

E P
Harrisburg...
Level Contributor
54 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
whoo hooo 14 days to go! favorite meal?

I am beyond excited. Exactly 2 weeks until we arrive!

If our plane lands around 3:00 is it realistic to expect to be at EPM by 4:30/5:00? We will be hungry when we get there. We were planning to do Agave the first night. Does anyone know if menus are available to look at for dining places before we arrive?

Anyone have a favorite meal at agave? (Or other restaurants)

UK
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: whoo hooo 14 days to go! favorite meal?

Hi

The excellence website has some sample menus

Have fun!

Regards

Higrade

portsmouth
Level Contributor
28 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: whoo hooo 14 days to go! favorite meal?

If you like spicy food we had a really good chicken dish at the Basmati I think it was called Koro Gassi or something like that also cannelloni in Toscana was excellent.

Charlotte,NC
Level Contributor
644 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: whoo hooo 14 days to go! favorite meal?

Agave is a great start to your holiday! Not sure what the web site has posted, but once you get there the menus are posted at the doors of the restaurants.

But do try a Tamerind Margarita at Agave! Have fun!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,780 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: whoo hooo 14 days to go! favorite meal?

Our favourites are Basmati, Spice & either Chez or Agave

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
555 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: whoo hooo 14 days to go! favorite meal?

Didn't have enough time to try Agave during our visit in January (stayed only 4 nights). But can say our favorite restaurants was probably Spice and Basmati (tried both tasting menus at Basmati and liked them both!).

Lunches for us at the Lobster House and Grill were just ok. Do try the beachside paella if they serve it while you're there. DH and I both liked that too.

Have a great time!

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,558 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: whoo hooo 14 days to go! favorite meal?

If you land at 3:00, you should be at EPM by 4:30. Again, it depends on how busy the airport is (customs and immigration).

I had the shrimp fajitas @ Agave last year and they were great. We were a group of 4 and ordered a lot of different appetizers and entrees and shared them all... we liked everything we got!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
158 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: whoo hooo 14 days to go! favorite meal?

Anyone know the restaurant closure schedule? I assume its the same week after week. We arrive on a Sunday night but I'm a super planner and would like to know what our options are for each meal. Thanks everyone!!

Lansing, Michigan
Level Contributor
145 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: whoo hooo 14 days to go! favorite meal?

My wife and I are here now and I would suggest that you read our posting finally here. Agave had a great atmosphere but not the best food. We have been to two other AI resorts and have found that the Mexican restaurants are the least popular. Don't figure, Hope this helps.

Canada
Level Contributor
767 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: whoo hooo 14 days to go! favorite meal?

We always do Agave first night and have always loved it. I always get the shrimp and chicken fajitas. Soooo goood!!! Another yummy meal was at Toscana and I had the blue cheese linguine suggested on here, and it was soooo yummy!!!! Have fun.

leicester
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: whoo hooo 14 days to go! favorite meal?

we arrive in 19 days from england hope to see you there and chat.