We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

at VDP if you have any questions.

Iowa
Level Contributor
3,660 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
at VDP if you have any questions.

Great resorts but service lacks sometimes. So close to being a 4-5star resort if they could just get it together. Let me know if you have questions about this place.

Richmond, BC
Level Contributor
212 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: at VDP if you have any questions.

Hope you are having a great time!

Is there buffet available for lunch and dinner or only breakfast? Also is there "towel cards" or can you just grab them? Thanks :)

Iowa
Level Contributor
3,660 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: at VDP if you have any questions.

You can just grab towels. You're supposed to sign them out, sometimes they make you sometimes they don't. Plenty of seating available and the resort seems pretty full.

Usually, there isn't a lunch buffet so that makes it quite a process. However, you can eat at the pool if you catch a waiter. Today, they did have a small lunch buffet available at the bar by the steakhouse with burgers, fries, hot dogs, wings... They seem to have a dinner buffet most nights associated with some theme night. Breakfast you can have buffet or sit down. There always seems to be a 15 min wait for breakfast seating at the buffet after 8 am.

Resort is great in so many aspects and is so close to being perfect if they could get some things straightened out. Service is so hit or miss. For example, we never had a waiter this morning for breakfast, but have had the best service at the pool that I have ever had from a resort (Andres and Linda) - yesterday, Andres was moved and we never got a server - finally, he came back over from his section to help us.

Toronto
Level Contributor
6 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: at VDP if you have any questions.

I've got a small child (2yr old) and am concerned about long waits at restos (impatience on his part, maybe on mine too!) Have you any advice on what you're seeing there now?

Also, about the whole sign-for-everything thing, will they not set-up a tab for you at the bar/beach to make it less onerous?

Thanks!

Meadow Lands...
Level Contributor
1,846 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: at VDP if you have any questions.

Hola CY9395!

Thanks for the offer. I am packing today and have some questions. You can just copy and paste your response. Thanks in advance! :)

1. How dressy is the resort for dinners? Jackets for men? Closed-toe shoes?

2. I have been told that hair driers and cables for internet can be got at the front desk. We are "supposed to" have free internet included. Any problems?

3. We are supposed to have a full kitchen. Coffee maker? Iron/ironing board?

Water cooler?

4. tv reception: much of a selection?

5. Is the setting beautiful and serene? Turquoise water?

6. Should I pack a sweater or hoodie for warmth?

Hope you have a wonderful stay. We are supposed to arrive Tuesday around noon. Thanks again!

Iowa
Level Contributor
3,660 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: at VDP if you have any questions.

Blazzake - we had kids and what we did was plan to eat early. I would try to get there between 6 and 7. After that I saw waits as long an hour and a half. They do have bars at the restaurants so you can relax and have a drink while you wait. And, there's always room service which was quick and decent but not many choices.

6. Re: at VDP if you have any questions.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 19 February 2013, 20:05
7. Re: at VDP if you have any questions.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 19 February 2013, 20:05
Iowa
Level Contributor
3,660 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: at VDP if you have any questions.

Findmnd

1. Definitely not that dressy, you have a mix of everything but nice jeans and collared shirt are more than fine. I saw a variety of shoes too and even sandals.

2. Hair driers are in the room. We used the wireless Internet and it worked pretty good. Not incredibly fast but I found the coverage decent (got it everywhere except for the beach).

3. Yes, kitchens are great and come with coffee maker and they had left us some coffee (2 packs I think). You do not get an oven but range, microwave and full fridge come with the 1 bdr. Units. The regular room only had a microwave and mini fridge.

4. Tv choices were pretty decent. Basic cable choices and plenty in English.

5. A lot of people here complain about the beach but I ought it was great. The turquoise water is only within the ropes as farther than that the sea grass makes it look darker. It's not as pretty as the strip but you can actually wade out and swim here. The beach itself is also nice and plenty wide for multiple loungers.

6. Yes, it was very breezy when we w ere there and it got chilly at night. Plus a lot of times you can get into the restaurants easier if you are flexible and will eat outside.

Have fun packing and enjoy your trip!

Meadow Lands...
Level Contributor
1,846 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: at VDP if you have any questions.

CY9395, Thank You!

Your information was very much appreciated.

Toronto
Level Contributor
6 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: at VDP if you have any questions.

Great info...thanks for the effort. Trust you're having a good time. Btw...I don't suppose there are any dvd players in the rooms as well? Will the TV take any connection?

If you're too busy to answer...all good...you've done enough already.