We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Las Olas - New dining option?

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,572 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
Las Olas - New dining option?

I was looking at the sample menus to get me back in the mood again and noticed a new 'restaurant' called 'Las Olas' which states:

"Enjoy the ocean, sun and a bite at Las Olas snack grill. Located on the beach with selection of fast food, salads, wood-oven pizzas and grilled favorites."

Is this just the grill on the beach along with the pizza option at the Sol Bar, or is this an actual new place to eat?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
453 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Las Olas - New dining option?

I believe it is the beach grill.

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,359 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Las Olas - New dining option?

Todd,

I am pretty sure it is just the same beach grill they have at all three resorts. It just has an official name now. I know they built a new structure for this at EPC in recent years.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,572 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Las Olas - New dining option?

That's what I was figuring, but I don't recall it having a name or it wasn't listed as an official 'dining option' last year... The beach grill had a much bigger presence last year than in 2010 when we were there. I really like the option of the grill as opposed to always having to go to buffet or sit down at the grill... that was one thing I really liked about Sandals - they had a little grill where you could just walk up and get some jerk chicken, a burger, some fries, nachos, etc..

45 days, Frank!!

St. John's, Canada
Level Contributor
1,165 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Las Olas - New dining option?

Ahhhhhh!! Jerk Chicken !!! Just scrumptious ! Pigged out on it everyday for lunch in Jamaica during Xmas at the jerk chicken traveling cart. I wish they would have it a EPM. I know it's a Jamaicain thing but it is just so good.

Sorry Travelinman, but you gave me a major taste flashback! lol

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Chester, United...
Level Contributor
61,400 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Las Olas - New dining option?

If it anything like the one at EPC it will have a large covered deck where people can sit and eat as well

I wonder if the have moved the pizza oven from the Sol Bar or added an additional one

If you skip though my album of EPC you will find some photos of the one that is there

slickpic.com/u/…

Perhaps someone who has just returned or id there just now can comment

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
453 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Las Olas - New dining option?

The pizza oven was still at Sol Bar two weeks ago.

oakville, ON
Destination Expert
for Oakville
Level Contributor
5,590 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Las Olas - New dining option?

I sure hope the add seating , Flip! Tha was the one thing we felt we would really like to see at EPM.. A real beach grill

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
61,400 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Las Olas - New dining option?

kerly

I hope it is a bit better than the one at EPC when we were there as it was a bit "cheap looking" and the food on offer was very limited and self service

I do know it was a bit of a work in progress

Their version of it at TBH is much better and has an a nice a la carte menu

Laney

Did you see it when you were there???

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,359 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Las Olas - New dining option?

It would be nice if they could add seating like at EPC but the beach is smaller at EPM. It may not be the best use of space.

Todd,

45 days? I have 191! Want to trade??

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
453 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Las Olas - New dining option?

FFM, you were wondering if they had moved the pizza oven from Sol bar, and I said I saw the pizza oven at Sol 2 weeks ago.