We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beer at EPM?

Newcastle,England
Level Contributor
88 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Beer at EPM?

Can anyone who has been this year tell me what types of beer they serve. Last year it was the usual corona, bud, the light versions, and a couple of other mexiacn lagers.

At part of the weekly management cocktail party, I suggested to the bar manager that they provide a dark beer or two. Apparently several years ago they used to serve guinness. Now that would be perfect!

He said he would look into demand for this, so interested yo see if any action has been taken. I will be returning in June.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
397 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beer at EPM?

Hi

The draught beer is Corona & Bud. I think they also had another draught beer but we can't remember if it was Victoria or Pacifico.

In a bottle at the Martini Bar they had pacifico, Victoria, Negro Modelo (dark), Modelo Lite, Carlsberg and a low alcohol beer, thats as far as we can remember.

Negro Modelo was popular with people who like dark beers, but quite strong at 5.4%.

We have been at this resort 10 times and sorry to say have never seen guinness being served.

What date are you going in June, we will be there until the 15th?

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,558 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beer at EPM?

@ Phil - I'm a beer guy and will be there next month and will give you a full report. I am going to make a few suggestions myself. Would love to see a couple extra choices on the menu. Hell, you have all the mixed drink and wine choices, how about a few other beer choices too??

Newcastle,England
Level Contributor
88 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Beer at EPM?

Travelinman.

I look forward to your update. It seems the beers are exactly the same as last year. They did have Negro Modelo last year, which although quite good, is really a dark lager. Being an ale/ guinness drinker, lager is a bit too gassy for me, and I sicken after a week. I don't normally drink spirits, so then move onto wine. Perhaps if others with similar drinking habits make comment, they may take some notice!

Sorry buttylovers, but we don't get there until the 25th. Have a great time. I'm sure you will.

La Grange, Illinois
Level Contributor
177 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Beer at EPM?

1travelinman

Our first trip to ERC they had SOL Cerveza, they have not on our last two trips. I assume that EPM uses the same contracts. I would really like to see SOL offered, heck it's a Mexican Beer. Just wondering if you are looking for recommendations for you recommendation.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,558 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beer at EPM?

I heard they changed from Sol to Corona in later 2009 or early 2010. On our first trip to EPM, they did not have it (April, 2010).. they've had the same beers since. They are all pretty much lager based, not ales. I'd be more than happy to pass on some recommendations! I would love an IPA, but that's just me. Even a pale ale or something similar than just the bland ol' macro tasting beers like Corona / Bud.

I do like Negro Modelo and Victoria - a couple darker lagers with a bit more flavor... I must admit I also love the icebergs too... wonder if they'd taste good with the darker beers as opposed to the Corona? I'll try and give a full report while there!

Erie, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
726 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beer at EPM?

Here now and the beers they brought out for us were Corona, Bud, Bud light, Pacifico, Modelo light, Modelo dark.

Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Beer at EPM?

Hubby is a beer guy- actually sells craft beer for a living & home brewer as well...he's definitely going to be hurting with these choices. Hopefully he will be able to tolerate the Pacifico and he will drink a Modelo as well. Definitely could use some pale ales or sours in the mix!

Boston...
Level Contributor
92 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Beer at EPM?

We have heard of guests stopping on the ride to EPM to purchase higher end beer.. It's not all inclusive, but if you MUST have something better, ask your driver to stop. Alternatively, we have a friend who tipped their concierge who stopped on their way in the next day to stock up for them. I wouldn't do this (not sure if its against policy, or if you would see your money again), but our friend did it and was thrilled.

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beer at EPM?

I got an email from the EPM lobby concierge today, as I was requesting specifics for our room. She told me these beers were served: Bud, Bud Light, Corona, Corona Light, Pacifico, Leon and Negro Modelo.

Sort of off topic, I have the official EC liquor list as an attachment if anyone wishes to view it. :)

Edited: 15 March 2013, 01:27
austin, minnesota
Level Contributor
87 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Beer at EPM?

Gross, gross, gross, gross, good, good, excellent.