We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New return guest gift ?

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
99 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
New return guest gift ?

Having a wonderful stay here now. I think food is definitely improved since a year ago. Did not receive a beach bag, hat, or shirt as a repeat guest. Instead got a note welcoming us back, and some sleep eye covers and a fabric passport cover. At least I think that is what it was? No big deal, but I thought it was odd. In regular room not EC if that makes a difference.

Playa Mujeres Trips and Tours
Scuba & Snorkeling, Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks
Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,289 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New return guest gift ?

I do not know how many times you have been but IMHO I do agree that they need to have some additional items for multiple repeat guests as personally we have stopped taking our T Shirts and Beach Bags home as we have a couple of complete sets

If it is your first repeat stay I think the T Shirt, etc is a nice idea

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,565 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New return guest gift ?

I was wondering about that too. We got the beach bag and a black polo shirt last year and didn't know if they actually changed things up for subsequent visits.. I'm happy with anything but who needs a closet full of the same bags / shirts? I was talking to FrankIndiana and he said you may be able to swap out the shirt for something else, if it's a repeat - just ask the concierge.

I guess I'll find out in 23 days!

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
181 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: New return guest gift ?

A complimentary bottle of tequila (like Rosewood do) would be nice and very 'Mexican'.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
99 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New return guest gift ?

It is our second visit. While not why we would choose to stay at the resort, the gift we were given was kinda laughable. Not worth even keeping.

Some things have really improved from last year, and some things are not quite as nice. It was about a $1000 couple more this year for us for a week though. Definitely our favorite even more so than Iberostar Grand Paraiso.

North Attleboro...
Level Contributor
334 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New return guest gift ?

Hi joeandmaria,

If you get a chance, can you give us some details about what has improved and what has not gone as well?

Have a great vacation!

Edited: 14 March 2013, 19:35
Illinois
Level Contributor
472 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New return guest gift ?

We got the eye masks and wallet thing but it was our first visit at EPM. However, it was our 3rd Excellence visit.

My husband actually used the eye mask when I was reading in bed. I don't have a use for the other thing yet but it was a nice gesture since SMB didn't give us anything and we were repeat guests.

Edited: 15 March 2013, 00:28
Canada
Level Contributor
767 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New return guest gift ?

All four times we have gone we have received the same thing. The shirt, hat and beach bag. I agree it would be nice to have something a bit different. But, its nice to be recognized for sure. I know that some resorts dont do any thing.

South Jersey
Level Contributor
231 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New return guest gift ?

We got back yesterday from our third trip to EPM. There were three other couples with us. Two were on their second trip, and one on their first trip to EPM. When the three returning couples found no shirt, beach bag, and cap in our rooms, we inquired at the front desk. We were assured the gifts would be in our rooms the next day. When that didn't happen, I asked Jesse, the assistant head concierge, about it. He told me about the change in policy and that many returnees did not want the gift package. I told him that I and my friends would certainly appreciate them. The next day, I had an EPM golf shirt in my room. The others did not. Since this change in policy was never communicated to retuning guests, I think the resort handled the situation poorly. The gift package was certainly not my reason for returning to EPM, but it felt like a bait and switch when we did not receive it. As usual, I agree with Flip. It would certainly be nice if returnees had a choice of gift packages.

Edited: 15 March 2013, 12:58
Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,289 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New return guest gift ?

"I agree with Flip. It would certainly be nice if returnees had a choice of gift packages"

Perhaps this could be part of the check in process and/or in the welcome letter

Canada
Level Contributor
239 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: New return guest gift ?

At our last visit, we also had a room change after the first night. We were provided with the standard bag, cap, shirt package in both rooms. We asked to have them both returned. As like flip, we have sets already. (and i like my hat now that its worn, and broken in :)

I agree w/ cdngirl that the gesture is nice, but for us repeaters, maybe unnecessary.

Get answers to your questions about Playa Mujeres