We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Only 5 more days and now she is thinking about Isla

Holland, Michigan
Level Contributor
66 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Only 5 more days and now she is thinking about Isla

Only 5 more days and now she is thinking about going to Isla Mujeres. Just got the mapchick map, boy that was quick, ordered Friday and received on Monday.

Now we need to know about things not to be missed.

Where is a nice place for lunch? Maybe about half way around the island.

Also, how are the mesquitos at EPM now?

Thank you all for all the advice over the last few months, you have been very helpful.

Playa Mujeres Trips and Tours
Scuba & Snorkeling, Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks
Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,565 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Only 5 more days and now she is thinking about Isla

Ken, how long are you going to be there? My wife and I are going to venture over to the island one day during our stay... I heard Bally-Hoo is a good place for lunch.

Texas
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
4,579 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Only 5 more days and now she is thinking about Isla

Map Chick maps are wonderful so I am glad you got one. Its way more than just a map.

Bally Hoo is a great place to eat. Make sure you stop at Punta Sur. You can either look out at the free look out point or you can pay a small donation ( I apologize I cant remember the exact amount) and go down the steps at Punta Sur. The view is stunning. Gorgeous.

Clinton Township...
Level Contributor
584 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Only 5 more days and now she is thinking about Isla

Hey Ken!

Wife and I will be there almost all of the same dates as you. We are probably planning on going to the Isla on Monday or Tuesday next week. Not sure of that yet. We might also take the trip through EPM as I have read a few times they will get us over there on a Catamaran instead of taking a cab to the ferry. Would be awesome if we could hook up with another couple to go and hang with if youre interested. Let me know!

Over on the Isla Mujeres forum Bally Hoo gets rave reviews so we are thinking that might me the place to get some food while we are there.

3 More days!!!!!

Holland, Michigan
Level Contributor
66 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Only 5 more days and now she is thinking about Isla

Guru, sounds like a good time, we can celebrate Mich and MI State getting into the final four. The maps are really great, the even have a golf cart path to travel the island on. Should be a good time. Can't wait to get away from this snowy Michigan Spring.

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Only 5 more days and now she is thinking about Isla

Ken,

We just returned from EPM on Saturday. Did not see a mosquito the entire week we were down there. We ate at the mango cafe for lunch on Isla - was excellent.

Holland, Michigan
Level Contributor
66 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Only 5 more days and now she is thinking about Isla

Thanks 1ayear, great to know about the mosquitos, will make my wife happy. Will also check out the mango cafe.

Holland, Michigan
Level Contributor
66 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Only 5 more days and now she is thinking about Isla

1travelinman, our last day is Sunday the 7th and I think you arive on the 6th, so I don't think we can wait that long, but thanks for the tip about Bally-Hoo. Will be looking for you on the 6th.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,565 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Only 5 more days and now she is thinking about Isla

Sounds good - I couldn't remember when you guys would be there. I think you and Guru leave on the 7th... so I'll definitely try to find you guys on the 6th!

We will be heading to the Isla probably on Wednesday or Thursday the 10th of 11th. Have fun when you guys go and please give a full report of your day on the island!!

oakville, ON
Destination Expert
for Oakville
Level Contributor
5,470 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Only 5 more days and now she is thinking about Isla

We live Picus( take a left off the ferry). We also love el Veradero, which is on the lagoon . Awesome fresh seafood and feels like a page right out of a Hemingway novel. Make sure to stop at Villa La Bella on the Carribbean side of the island for a drink. It is awesome, and Curtis and Ashley are great hosts.

We have been four times now to Isla and plan on a week stay prior to our stay at EPM in September. We love Is

A and are looking for property there this coming trip.

Edited: 26 March 2013, 19:50
Holland, Michigan
Level Contributor
66 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Only 5 more days and now she is thinking about Isla

Thanks Kerlyranoakville, I will be sure to check out Villa La Bella and Picus.