We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TBH - weather to expect in August?

North Wales
Level Contributor
110 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
TBH - weather to expect in August?

This will be our first visit to Cancun and therefore TBH on August 24th for 10 nights. We are going for our honeymoon, staying in an Oceanview terrace suite (as we like the idea of being on one floor). We usually travel to Egypt and are used to between 30-40 degrees, what can we expect in August in Mexico? Obviously excited due to our pending wedding but I've read some great reviews about the hotel so I cannot wait.

Playa Mujeres Trips and Tours
Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks, Scuba & Snorkeling
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,882 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TBH - weather to expect in August?

This website http://www.cancunmap.com/weather.html gives good averages. August is in the middle of hurricane season (June-Nov) so you'll want to check out the hurricane weather sites as your trip approaches. Here's a good one http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

Also, you will want to make sure your travel insurance covers lost travel or emergency travel due to weather events.

Edited: 31 March 2013, 13:18
Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,761 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TBH - weather to expect in August?

Great resort for your honeymoon

Just in case you are not aware as you are staying for 7 nights + you will be entitled to one free evening pass to EPM so the two of you can go and enjoy a meal there and have a few drinks and watch the show

The terrace suites are great suites

oakville, ON
Destination Expert
for Oakville
Level Contributor
5,506 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TBH - weather to expect in August?

We have been in August and it is hot and humid. We got rain every day for about 5-10 minutes... Usually a night, but sometimes around noon... We just stayed in the pool! We like the weather hot.... We have been going in August or September the last 4 years now.

North Wales
Level Contributor
110 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: TBH - weather to expect in August?

Thank you for your responses....as a result I've sorted our travel insurance to cover the full cost in case of cancellations, and I've also made a note about using the evening pass at EPM. Glad to hear it should be hot, don't mind the rain (if its only short and warm!).

5. Re: TBH - weather to expect in August?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 April 2014, 05:17