We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excellence Pool Monitoring?

Uxbridge, Canada
Level Contributor
159 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Excellence Pool Monitoring?

I am hoping that someone who is currently staying EC at EPM can advise if staff are still monitoring the guests at the EC pool. I was very surprised to see a recent review stating that anyone can use the EC pools because no one checks.......this was so different to what we experienced a year ago when our name & room number was checked each morning until they became familiar with us - there were also several occasions where the staff had to gently & politely turned people away because not EC - surely things haven't change that much because truly that would downgrade the value of staying EC.

Erie, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
726 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excellence Pool Monitoring?

That was not the case when I was there recently. At the 8b pool, the concierge immediately walked over as we claimed our chairs. She asked us for our name and room number and then proceeded to make up the loungers for us. She greeted us by name the next day when we arrived.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,630 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Excellence Pool Monitoring?

Personally, I cannot see them having changed the monitoring of these areas but it so discreet that sometimes that some people may not notice it as you are asked for your room number and name all the time. The staff also point out who is who to their colleagues

London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,993 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Excellence Pool Monitoring?

I hope this is enforced. It's one of the key reasons we booked EC for our NYE trip.

Clinton Township...
Level Contributor
584 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Excellence Pool Monitoring?

Sorry folks but in the 9 days I stayed at EPM not one time was I stopped when I went and sat down in any of the chairs around the EC pool behind building 8B. I stopped by there everyday at different times of the day.

Erie, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
726 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Excellence Pool Monitoring?

Oh no, B-G, say it was because you were such a celebrity in your own right, due to your action packed "live from" thread, that no introduction with the concierge was needed. (wink wink)

Did the concierge make up a lounger for you on any of your visits to the 8b pool?

oakville, ON
Destination Expert
for Oakville
Level Contributor
4,962 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Excellence Pool Monitoring?

Yes, BG, if they knew you from the EC lunge, beach etc, you would have been known at the EC pool as well... So do ably no need to ask you

oakville, ON
Destination Expert
for Oakville
Level Contributor
4,962 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Excellence Pool Monitoring?

Probably I meant. I hate typing on this dang ipad

Boston...
Level Contributor
92 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Excellence Pool Monitoring?

Earlier this week they asked for room numbers every day at 8B. Also witnessed the concierge rejecting people who tried to save loungers in the morning, as much as chasing a guy down one day. He had to come back and take his stuff. The nightly paper clearly says no reserving lounge chairs or floats. Aside from Friday, there was almost always a pair of loungers free at 8b, even though they were at 100% capacity.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,630 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Excellence Pool Monitoring?

Looks like the system is still working a kerly's theory may be right

Erie, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
726 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Excellence Pool Monitoring?

What exactly is this system you refer to????

How is the young lady at the EC pool supposed to know someone upon sight, the very first time they come to the pool? Even if the guest went to the EC beach on their first day and checked in, how would a different gal at another pool know who they are when they show up on their first visit to that area? It is not like the take you picture or scan your passport photo when you check in and them put the staff through a memorization process.

Can you elaborate?