We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Beds Beach Swing Hammocks Sun Beds & Just Beds

South West
Level Contributor
206 posts
117 reviews
Save Topic
Day Beds Beach Swing Hammocks Sun Beds & Just Beds

Just been reading a few reviews on EPM and am quite amazed about the continual reviews of lack of Beds. We are here and live now. We have not had a problem at any time. The concierge puts rolled up towels on the beds to make them look more attractive and this may look reserved how ever it's not. We have breakfast at 8.15am and have always got a bed actually on the beach the choice is wide for example without shade there must be at least 30 beds albeit without shade and then we reckon by about 11 you would be more pushed to get a lounger actually with shade on the beach BUT there are always the ones without shade. Around the main pool and at the quieter pools you would get a bed all day.

People are coming and going and the beach staff come and take away all wet towels freeing up more beds! So it's a wild rumour to say by 7am all main pool beds are taken most people are still snoring !!!!

Fishers, Indiana
Level Contributor
350 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day Beds Beach Swing Hammocks Sun Beds & Just Beds

Thanks Karen! Hope you're still enjoying a great holiday.

oakville, ON
Destination Expert
for Oakville
Level Contributor
5,332 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day Beds Beach Swing Hammocks Sun Beds & Just Beds

I know. Every time we go, someone is upset that all the beds are taken by 7, not realizing that if the towels are just rolled up on the beds, they are available... Only beds with belongings on them have been saved.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
452 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Day Beds Beach Swing Hammocks Sun Beds & Just Beds

We were there during 100% occupancy and had no problems getting beds/loungers.

Woodstock, Maryland
Level Contributor
400 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day Beds Beach Swing Hammocks Sun Beds & Just Beds

Maybe people are talking about getting a lounger with some shade. It seems like more and more people don't like being in the direct sun anymore. I myself prefer shaded loungers because I have a skin condition. It would be nice if they could put more umbrellas or palapas over the many chairs. That would solve all the talk about towel games.

Illinois
Level Contributor
472 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day Beds Beach Swing Hammocks Sun Beds & Just Beds

Susie - I agree. I think people are referring to shaded loungers when they say the towel game is going on. When we were there in late Feb/early March, people did put items like old t-shirts on loungers under palapas and didn't return for hours, if at all.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
452 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Day Beds Beach Swing Hammocks Sun Beds & Just Beds

There were open shaded beds and open shaded loungers available at all times of day. We were told at the front desk that the hotel was at 100%. I'm not making this up.

Illinois
Level Contributor
472 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day Beds Beach Swing Hammocks Sun Beds & Just Beds

Maybe it makes a difference where you are. We were on the non-EC beach every day.

We didn't try the pools or lazy river as we were there for the ocean.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,405 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Day Beds Beach Swing Hammocks Sun Beds & Just Beds

Good to hear

Charlotte,NC
Level Contributor
686 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Day Beds Beach Swing Hammocks Sun Beds & Just Beds

We were able to get a shaded lounger when we arrived yesterday at 11. Right at the Sol bar. There were many still available . We later moved to the EC beach and again no problem with getting a shaded spot.

oakville, ON
Destination Expert
for Oakville
Level Contributor
5,332 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Day Beds Beach Swing Hammocks Sun Beds & Just Beds

We have never had a problem if ding a shaded spot on the Non EC beach or pool... A few people like their special spot ( closest to the swim up bar) but if you are not fussy about your spot, should not have an issue at all, even at 100% occupancy.