We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lobster House at EPM

Edmonton, Alberta
Level Contributor
123 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Lobster House at EPM

Can anyone who is currently there, or just came back, comment on what the Lobster situation is at the Lobster House?

My husband and I will be there in 5 days and the lobster is one of my favs!

Thanks.

Charlotte,NC
Level Contributor
669 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lobster House at EPM

I enjoyed my grilled lobster last night. Husband had the stuffed lobster. Both were yummy.

Great service as well, beautiful view!

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
397 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lobster House at EPM

We just checked with our contact at EMP and there is plenty of lobsters available.

Regarding the review that stated that there was non available one night, it would appear that this was the exception and not the norm.

Enjoy when you arrive.

Just over 4 weeks until we go.

oakville, ON
Destination Expert
for Oakville
Level Contributor
5,147 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lobster House at EPM

Keep in mind it is Carribean Lobster ( more like an over grown langoustine ) and not Atlantic lobster. It is good, though, just different

La Grange, Illinois
Level Contributor
177 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Lobster House at EPM

I can let you know tomorrow, we are going tonight

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,559 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lobster House at EPM

They are very small. I usually ask for 2 tails. You can have them prepared one of several ways (grilled, steamed, etc..), and they serve it with different butters / sauces. There's a picture on the Excellence website under 'dining' that shows this huge lobster... it ain't that!

oakville, ON
Destination Expert
for Oakville
Level Contributor
5,147 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lobster House at EPM

It used to be, Todd... Our first two trips the tails were huge, then the third they started serving tiny ones. Just right for me, but they can dry out easily when they are that small.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,559 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lobster House at EPM

I agree - the ones I've had have been dry. We didn't even go to the Lobster House this past trip. I felt we could get better seafood at the other restaurants.

Edmonton, Alberta
Level Contributor
123 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lobster House at EPM

Thanks everyone, it sounds promising!

We arrive in 5 days!!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lobster House at EPM

Can you ask them at the Lobster House where their lobster is from and if it is fresh or frozen? Right now fresh lobster from Mexico, much of Central America and the Caribbean is illegal, so an enquiring mind wants to know!

Boston...
Level Contributor
80 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lobster House at EPM

I was there last week and got good poisoning from the lobster house. I couldn't eat or drink anything but 7 up and saltine type crackers for the last three days of our trip. It was pretty horrible. My boyfriend ate there the same night as I did and didn't get sick. My experience isn't the first I've heard of it from the lobster house.