We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel agent

Downingtown...
Level Contributor
550 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Travel agent

Has anybody used sunset travel, my travel agent could not match there price they were $500.00 cheaper than the website, never used a wholesale travel agent online just wanted to check. thanks

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,558 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel agent

I've been using Tami Pruitt with Spirit of the West Travel for years... www.tripsurfervacations.com. Great personal service, great prices, packages everything and makes it easy for you. I've sent a lot of people her way and they've been very satisfied.. worth a try.

Downingtown...
Level Contributor
550 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel agent

Thanks so much!

baltimore
Level Contributor
3,081 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel agent

I also have been using Tami for many yrs. She is a wonderful agent.

Johnstown...
Level Contributor
1,835 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel agent

Ditto on using Tami, she's always beat the prices I can find and in fact I started using her when she was able to beat my prior TAs best price. Plus she's a nice person to work with.

nik

America, The...
Level Contributor
7,569 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel agent

I have had excellent experiences with Sunset Travel. Deb McCormick from Sunset Travel and its affiliated Couples Resorts Experts are well-known on the Negril, Jamaica site where many use her for booking Couples Resorts. Sarah Bonsall from Sunset is used by many who are regulars at El Dorado Maroma. They are a legitimate and high quality agency which provides excellent service. They have an A Plus BBB rating and are a Couples Resorts Platinum (highest) Agency. I would not hesitate to book with them. I have used them twice.

Edited: 09 May 2013, 22:49
Grand Junction...
Level Contributor
2,278 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel agent

RM- good to know Sarah is a good agent for EDM. We used her to book our trip to EPM, and she provided great service and rates. I had planned to use her for my next trip regardless of where it was, but then we jumped on the Expedia killer deal for SMB instead.

America, The...
Level Contributor
7,569 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel agent

Redrock, we haven't used her yet for EDM. We learned of her after our trip there. She's been helping our friend's son plan his honeymoon, though, and she was very knowledgeable about the whole region, plus great prices. We will definitely be trying her next time. That deal to SMB was amazing! Congrats on getting it!

Illinois
Level Contributor
472 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel agent

I booked EPM through Sarah at Sunset Travel and everything went smoothly. Rates were better than I found elsewhere. I will go through her for my next Mexico trip.

One thing I appreciated was a 24 hour emergency number, something not provided by my local agent. I didn't need it but was glad to have it, just in case.

Edited: 10 May 2013, 04:32
Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,558 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travel agent

@ bonnie - Sounds like you have a couple great options to look at! Price is one thing, but service is something you can't put a price on... Great when you can find both! Good Luck!

Downingtown...
Level Contributor
550 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Travel agent

I just booked with Sarah at Sunset travel, Thanks for the great advice guys, the reason I choose her was she does keep checking prices for you, and rebooks you if they go down, Most of them do not do that for you